Group project

Word count: 1138 words
Trigger warnings: none

Draco's POV
I woke up as the sunlight shined into my bedroom. I groaned but still changed into my uniform and waited in the common room for my friends so we could eat breakfast together. They also soon came out of their bedrooms and we walked to the dining hall. It was already filled with students chatting and whispering about something but I wasn't able to really hear what it was about. We sat down at the slytherins table and began to eat breakfast.

I was the first to finish my food so to cure my boredom I glanced around the hall to see if anything interesting was happening. My eyes for some weird reason fell once again on Zeth. God why was I always staring at him? I noticed he was sitting and eating his breakfast alone. The other griffindors kept a distance from him. Maybe they were also weirded out by him being sorted into Griffindor? I mean his name doesn't really fit into Griffindor but maybe they didn't trust him because the sorting hat called him sly? I would love to find out what it meant by that.

"Draco.. Draco!"  Blaise yelled. I jumped a bit by surprise. "What?" I asked confused. "You seem to not be paying attention. Someone caught your eye?" He teased. "Oh please. Nobody here is even on the same level as me." I boasted. "Yeah sure." He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Anyways. We have care for magical creatures now." He told me. "Mmh. I hope we'll meet an intimidating animal. Not some niffler or anything." I replied. "Yeah. We should head there now. Class starts in 5 minutes." He informed me and we walked to Hagrid's hut.

As we arrived we noticed half of the class had already arrived. We waited patiently until the rest of them arrived and the lesson started. "Welcome to care for magical creatures!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Today we will be treating a wound on a baby dragon. Please go to your assigned seats. " He informed us and we walked to the tables where the dragons were placed in front of the seats in cages.

I sat down at my seat and noticed my seat was next to Zeth. His dragon was a dark blue with dark brown eyes while mine was a light green with blue eyes. They seemed scared. They frantically walked around their cages and made some sad noises. It must feel very claustrophobic to just be in a cage all their lives. I stared at the dragon in front of me until Hagrid spoke once again.

He informed us how to treat the wound and we were given the instructions to start. I opened the cage door and the dragons eyes locked onto mine. It quickly flew out of the cage and began to frantically fly around. "Shit!" I exclaimed as I watched as it flew around. I was finally able to catch it and had to hold it down to the table to be able to treat it's wound. I took out a cotton ball and poured a healing potion onto it. I held the dragon down as I carefully put the cotton ball onto it's wound. It let out a cry and bit my hand. "Ow!" I yelled and quickly put it back into its cage before locking it in there. I glared at it before glancing around to see how everyone else was doing.

My eyes once again stayed on Zeth. His brown hair almost covered his green eyes as he looked down at the dark blue dragon. For some reason it seemed pretty calm and so did he. I continued to look at him as he carefully treated its wound. He was good at it. He kept calm and the dragon didn't bite him. I could even see a small smile forming on his face when the dragon burred it's head into his head as a thank you. How did he do that?

Later that day at potions class
I sat down in potions class next to Blaise as we waited for Snape to reveal our groups for the project. "I've now sorted you all into groups for the project." Snape announced. "I will now tell you them. Pansy and Blaise.." He began but I didn't really listen for a while until I heard my name being brought up. "Draco and Zeth." He announced. I glanced at Zeth. He didn't really seem to pay attention either.

I sighed and sat next to him. His head bolted up and looked at who just sat next to him. Our eyes locked for a few seconds before I looked away. "We're partners for this project." I muttered a bit weirded out by his sudden full attention on me. I slowly turned to face him again. His gaze was still fixated on me before finally nodding in understandment.

Our attention soon darted to professor Snape as he began to speak. "Now that you're with your partners, I will tell you what the project is about. For this project you must write about a specific potion that I've chosen for each of your groups. You will write about the ingredients and where to find them. And also a bit about when it's convenient to use it and the history behind it. I will now be handing out all groups a potion each." He explained before picking up a basket filled with potions.

He began to hand them out to the different groups and eventually got to our table. "Here." He said as he handed us a dark blue potion with a description sticker onto it. I took the potion and placed it on our table infront of us. Snape walked off to the next group and everyone soon began to start on their potion projects.

I looked back at our potion and then at Zeth. "I'll get some papers." I tell him before getting up from my seat and walking towards the table in the back with the papers. I pick some of them up and walk back to Zeth. I place them down on the table and sat back down on my seat.

"So.. Should we start with doing some research on the potion?" I asked and he gave me a nod in response. "Are you mute or something?" I questioned since he hadn't said a single word to me yet which made me curious.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
That's the end of the second chapter. Man this one was a long one. I apologize in advance if anything sounds weird, English isn't my first language. But I would be very grateful if you'd comment about it so I'd be able to fix it. Until I've written the third chapter, goodbye!
Wrote this: 16 June 2023 - 25 June 2023