The Night We Met:

Gumball's POV

This town is truly stunning, but not the best entertainment wise. It's small, the park is rusted, the theater is on the brink of falling apart.....I should start a charity to fix this place up. I hum to myself after messaging Cake my idea, once I send it I put my phone away and wander around the market in the old run down church. Various items spread around, clothing, jewelry, homemade snacks, even some poetry written by people around town. I walk towards the stand with the poetry and glance around seeing afew books not professionally published, by printed out and held together by store bought covers. I see one titled "Character Assumption is not Always True," by:Liz Bitez. I pick it up and hand the woman at the stand a 50 dollar bill before putting the book in my bag and wandering towards the back opening of the church, seeing that no one else is around but before I leave a mask at the last stand peaks my interest. A light pink mask with a bright cyan color around where the eyes see through, gold vines around the bottom of the mask. I pick it up and decide to buy it. Might come in handy for my next video. I hand the vendor the money for the mask, put it on, and walk out the old church and wander around the woods outside, making sure not to go to far and get lost.

I start humming a random toon as I look at the plants around. As I was about to return home I freeze when I hear a soft tune not to far from me. My curiosity gets the better of me and before I knew it I was already a good 12 feet away from the source. A man with unkempt raven hair, pale skin, and eyes as red as rubies. I can't help staring, is he even from this world? He looks like....what's the word?.....words can't even explain this man. I lean against a tree as the world begins to fade the moment I hear his voice.

"So far out of reach I'm not worthy

Reaching out my hand will you help me?

Stars in the sky heaven drifts away~

6 feet under but I'm sill moving

I'm not in hell so is this purgatory?

Not allowed to walk in the light

Who will help?

Help me walk where the light shines and show me the wonders to keep me close to almost breathing~

Help me out of this purgatory-"

*snap*

I freeze in place. This just got awkward. The moment our eyes meet I look away rubbing the back of my neck.

"I....know how this might look but...I...was just...you have a really nice voice I'm sorry, I should've said something instead of watching. That was very rude of me." I say, looking to the ground before a cold hand touches my shoulder.

"Hey, it's cool. But, stalking aside, my names Marshall Lee." He says with a pearly white grin with his hand held out to me causing my face to heat up.

"B....Barnaby, but everyone calls me Gumball." I say with a shy smile as I take his hand. They're so cold...but somehow warm.

"Then it looks like I'm the odd one out Barney." I flinch when he kisses my hand, feeling like a tomato and internally thanking myself for putting on this mask. Though the short moment of gratitude fades when Marshall leans closer to me causing me to suddenly worry about how loud my heart is beating right now!

"You should come to my gig tomorrow night, I can give you a VIP pass if you're down?" Curse his soothing voice and stunning eyes! I just give an exaggerated nod since currently, I don't trust myself to talk.

"Right on Barney! Oh, and here's my number." He hands me the pass after writing his number on the back.

"See ya tomorrow B!" He says with a wink and wave. I slide down the tree holding the pass to my chest.

This town might not be as bad as I thought.