Chapter 5 - Fitz's POV

"Fitz?"

My former best friend gaped at me as I fidgeted with the sleeve of my stiff tunic. I cleared my throat, trying to get rid of the clump in my throat.

"Keefe. Hi. How have you been?" I asked, clearly feeling the awkwardness between us. Then Keefe's eyes narrowed.

"Why are you here? What is it this time?" Keefe asked me sharply. I could sense the anger from miles away.

I didn't know what to say. It was the first time I had seen him - or well anyone - in the past few years. I swallowed again.

"There is something strange happening around here. I think that the Neverseen might be back... again." I said cautiously. Keefe looked at me like I was some sort of creep. Which I guess to him is true...

He was surely about to tell me how stupid I was when the door creaked open behind me. I swiftly turned around and saw a face I hadn't seen in years. The face stared at me, gaping.

The face belonged to a girl I had once loved, way back then. Sophie Foster put her hand up to her mouth. 

"Oh my god!? Fitz!" She said behind her hands. She walked over to me, still in shock. 

"Soph... hi," I said as she wrapped her arms around me.

I heard a soft whisper flow into my ear. "I missed you so much..."

 I smiled to myself, happy that at least someone missed me as much as I missed them.

A/N:

OMG! It feels so good to be writing again! Over the past year, I have been incredibly busy but that is no excuse for not writing! Thank you so much to all of my readers and followers for sticking with me and my stories!

I love you guys so much!!!

Please give me suggestions and feedback in the comments! 

LUV YALLLLL!!! <333

- coolbeansss151