Chapter 35: The Allfather

After that completely terrifying revelation, I did the only thing that made sense. My eyes rolled back in my head and I fainted right then and there. When I woke up again, I was in a state of completely uncontrolled panic.

Immortal. Me, immortal. Unkillable. Me. I'm not going to die. Ever. I began to shake violently, and the room rumbled. Yelling reached my ears as I stared straight ahead, unseeing. Immortal.

"What's going on?" Clint yelled in the background. Immortal.

"She's lost control!" Connor replied.

"You've got to let me out!" Loki shouted, panic evident in his voice.

Veins of electric blue began creeping over my vision. "Never!" Connor responded and I was vaguely of the floor shaking beneath me.

"I can control her! If you don't let me stop her, she might bring down the building or even the entire city!"

There was a pause, then a metallic shrieking filled the air. A few moments later, a familiar blue face came into view. Two ice cold hands were placed on my cheeks, and a cool breeze fanned my face.

"Shh... you're going to be okay." He whispered, staring into my eyes, which immediately fixed themselves on his as I returned to the present once more. Immortal.

"I... I need air." I stammered, before getting to my feet and sprinting away. I blasted through the security doors before reaching a satisfactory height and jumping off the balcony. Halfway down, my dress transformed into my suit- the red and blue kind, not the white and pale blue one.

I swung out of the free-fall and soared through the streets, as if going as fast as I could would allow me to escape the truth that had suddenly thrown my entire world into chaos. I ignored the commotion I caused as I passed by at breakneck speeds. I hurtled around corners, flew over the roofs of some of the lower buildings, and would have been risking my life if I had a life to risk anymore.

Still, in the middle of the chaos, I knew one thing: I still had to confront Odin. Only now I'd have no fears, no weaknesses he knew about.

I finally stopped running from my fears when I landed on top of the Chrysler (!!!!) building. I tucked my knees under my chin and stared at the city, imaging the billions of people whose great, great, great grandchildren I would outlive. I'd outlive everyone- all the Avengers, even the Jotun. I'd outlive everyone I knew.

"Not everyone." Loki announced, startling me. My teeth jammed into each other as my knees banged against my jaw.

"Huh?"

"You won't outlive everyone, I promise. Connor technically can't be killed either. I mean, it'd be nigh impossible. That also goes for you. Notice how I said nearly immortal? Nobody is truly immortal. Those considered to be immortal just a lot tougher than everyone else."

"I don't get it. Why me? I'm not a god."

Loki coughed slightly. "Uh, I hate to break it to you... but you kind of are."

I threw my hands into the air. "What the hell?" I shouted angrily. "Why is all this happening to me?"

"Ask the guardians of the barriers between your old universe and this one. They'll know more about you than I do."

"You know that's impossible." I replied curtly.

"Well, theoretically. Nobody knows for sure. So." He said, shifting into his armored form. "Ready to confront Odin?"

"Already?" He nodded. "Right now?" Another nod. "Sure."

He looked taken aback, but grabbed my hand firmly. "You can use your powers to open portals, you know."