Chapter I

The Doctor and Jo were in the Tardis. It was finally starting to work, and the Doctor could go and explore again, the two of them not having to stay at UNIT headquarters anymore. The Doctor was messing with the council as Jo stood fiddling with her rings. A confused look was on their face when Jo turned to look at them.

"Is everything alright, Doctor?" She asks them carefully.

"I'm picking up a signal distress signal to be more precise. But, I don't know who sent it. It seems to be coming from Soho in the year 2018." The Doctor informs her.

"Are you sure you don't know who it is?"

"No, unless . . . it could be Aziraphale and Crowley. I met them briefly with Liz, and gave them a way to contact the Tardis when I found out they were not human."

"Are they time lords like you, or are they other types of aliens?"

"Neither, they are an angel and a demon. Aziraphale was the angel of Eden, and Crowley was the serpent of Eden. But it must have been a long time since I saw them, at least for them."

*****

He had lost Aziraphale. Aziraphale must have died in the fire in his bookshop. Crowley was barely holding back his tears. As he climbed into his Bentley, he remembered. The Doctor! He could use the device they had given him and contact the Doctor. He could definitely use their help with stopping Armageddon from happening. And maybe the two of them could get Aziraphale back too. Crowley presses the signal and then heads to a bar. He needed a drink. Well, not just a drink. He needed Aziraphale, even though he could no longer have him.

*****

It is about an hour later when the Tardis materializes outside a bar. The Doctor steps out, with Jo right behind them, and fiddles with the cuffs of their jacket. The Doctor makes out Crowley's fiery hair inside the bar, so they take Jo's hand and the two of them head inside. Crowley seems to be talking into thin air and has multiple empty bottles surrounding him. After they enter, they see the demon pointing at a book. As they walk up to him his smile falls, he still hasn't seen them two.

"My dear fellow, what's wrong? Why did you use the distress signal? Where is Aziraphale?" The Doctor asks him, putting a hand gently on his shoulder.

Crowley turns to look at them and Jo, and the two see tears in his eyes, flooding down his face.

"Armageddon is happening, the antichrist is going to destroy the world. And up until a minute ago I thought Aziraphale was dead, but it turns out he just was discorporated." Crowley replies, sliding his sunglasses back on to cover his snake eyes.

"Just tell us where to go to stop Armageddon. And once we figure that out, we will figure out how to regain your husband's body." The Doctor replies with a soft smile.

Crowley takes Jo's hands and she pulls him to his feet. He gives her and the Doctor a soft smile and leads them out to his Bentley. Jo and the Doctor slide into the back and Crowley slides into the front.

*****

They were driving through flames, fire all around them. Jo was clinging to the Doctor's sleeve, a fearful look on her face. Crowley is laughing maniacally, having just discorporated Hastur. And the Doctor is just sitting there staring off into the middle distance, trying to figure out what to do. And "I'm In Love With My Car" by Queen is just blaring around them.