Chapter III

Crowley and Aziraphale had been with them for about a week. Crowley worked on fixing vehicles and making new ones for UNIT, while Aziraphale helped Jo and the Doctor in the lab and helped Brigadier with paperwork.

It was nighttime after a long day and the Brigadier had a few people over at his house. He and the Doctor were on the couch cuddling softly. Liz had come over and was in a deep conversation with Jo. Aziraphale was sitting in a chair with Crowley in his snake form around his neck, and the two of them were reading a book together. Yates and Benton are making dinner in the kitchen, both singing softly. Jo leads Liz over to the angel and demon.

"Crowley, Aziraphale, Liz says that you met her and the Doctor briefly about a year ago, at least for her," Jo says.

"Why yes, we did, what was it when we met you? 1970?" Crowley asks transferring into his human form, sitting on the arm of the chair, leaning against his husband.

Liz nods. She sits down on the floor and pulls Jo into her lap. The four of them start to talk about the future and how it is.

"Doctor, do you ever question why that after you joined UNIT, a lot of us ended up in queer relationships? Like Yates and Benton, Liz and Jo, and of course the two of us." The Brigadier asks his head on the Doctor's shoulder.

"I do sometimes Alistair, but I think the tension between us all was always there. But I do think my coming out and the fact that being queer was legalized truly made all of us feel so comfortable with being out true selves and together." They reply smiling into the Brigadier's hair.

"Of course, but you were already comfortable with your sexuality and gender identity before any of the rest of us. You and Jamie-"

"Can you please not mention Jamie, my dear? I still miss him very much."

"Alright, I'm sorry."

At that moment, Yates runs into the living room.

"John and I have finished dinner, it is in the dining room. Come eat everyone." He informs everyone.

"Sure thing, Mike!" Jo says while smiling her wide smile, and gets off of Liz's lap.

The six that are in the living room follow Yates to the dining room. They sit down and start to get roasted chicken and roasted potatoes. The Brigadier pours out a glass of wine.

"To our found family and all of us being who we truly are!" He toasts.

*****

But you could never have a peaceful night if you worked for UNIT, could you? Yates, Benton, Jo, and Liz had all gone home. The Doctor and the Brigadier were asleep in their bed. Crowley and Aziraphale were cuddling on the couch, not used to sleeping, so they stayed awake. Crowley had just curled his head into Aziraphale's shoulder when they heard a ringing noise. It was the phone.

"I'll get it, Angel, you just stay here," Crowley says giving Aziraphale a quick kiss.

Crowley jumps off Aziraphale's lap and hurries over to the phone. He picks it up.

"This is Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's house, Crowley speaking," Crowley states, his voice going into a formal tone that was not normal for him.

"Go tell Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart that there has been an incursion. We think it is the Cybermen again. They are in London. If you could also get the Doctor and Miss Grant that would be much appreciated." A UNIT officer says into the phone before hanging up.

Crowley rushes back to Aziraphale.

"Aziraphale, call Jo, there has been an incursion in London. I'm going to go wake up the Brigadier and the Doctor." Crowley shouts at him and starts running up the stairs.

When he gets to the bedroom door, he pounds on it. The Doctor with their hair all messed up opens it.

"My dear chap, what is going on that you had to wake me at this hour? Alistair is still sleeping for once and I would like to keep it that way." The Doctor says softly.

"UNIT called. There has been an alien incursion in London. They think it is the Cybermen. They want you and the Brigadier on the scene and Aziaphale is currently calling Jo." Crowley says his voice shaking a little bit.

The Doctor nods and heads over to the bed to wake the Brigadier.