Reconections

Running, something I've always hated doing but somehow I find myself doing it every day. It's different now though; I don't feel guilty anymore. I finally found someone who understands the burden... or so I thought.

               ~~~
     Walking down the streets of central city is something I haven't done in years. The last time I was here I promised myself that I wouldn't come back. I left because of the murder of my grandmother and now I'm back because of a murder, how ironic. Standing in front of CCPD makes me realize what I've left behind, my job, my only friend, and my life. I take a deep breath realizing that my thoughts are getting to me and decide to go in.

"Emma, no it can't be." Joe hurries over to me and holds me like I'll disappear all over again.

"Look at you Joe, you haven't changed a bit." I say pulling away. His smile starts to fade when he realizes while I'm here.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to be back here? You don't have to help you know." He looks at me worryingly and glances around looking anywhere but at me. I give him a reassuring smile and nod. I can feel the tension in the air so I decide to change the subject.

"Where's B.A.?", I really didn't want to see him right now but it was the only thing I could think to ask.

"Well, ever since you left he hasn't been able to do any nerdy stuff with anybody so Iris took him to see the particle accelerator." I hold in the urge to make a disgusted face at the mention of Iris and nod my head in understanding instead. I've never liked Iris, she always treated Barry like a backup and never put him first. To be fair he was my only friend so he was always the only option. Even if I did have another friend Barry would still be put first because that's what he deserves.

"I just wanted to stop by before I get started tomorrow. It was really good to see you Joe.", I say with a sincere grin. He nods in agreement and I leave to go to my old home.

                                  ~~~
     Nothings could compare to the feeling I had when I walked in. The anguish I felt that night came rushing back to me like waves crashing onto the shore. I couldn't handle it I walked out and slid down the door breathing heavily. My grandmother died the same night as Barry's mother, the only difference was that I actually knew what was happening. I knew that I was just a pawn in his game. A simple tool he used to his advantage. What he didn't realize was that pawns can always turn into queens and one day when I hold the advantage I will strike down his king.

~~~
     "My name is Harrison Wells and tonight the future begins. The work me and my team here will change our understanding of physics. We'll bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me that future will be here faster than you think." Barry was inclined to keep listening when, "Barry my laptop." Iris said with worry. Barry ran off without saying a word, chasing the culprit; however, the chase didn't last very long. The man hit him with the laptop and was about to run off until. "Freeze, police or do wanna find out the hard way your not faster than a bullet."

Sitting back at the CCPD Barry tried to stop the blood coming from his nose wishing he could have been just a little faster. Barry was never someone quick on his feet, if anything he would stumble if he got up too fast. That never stoped him though, he would keep going even if he knew he couldn't do it. Barry went back up to his lab after the bleeding stopped and went to close the window when he heard the news from the tv. "We are now being told to evacuate the facility and the storm has caused a malfunction with the particle accelerator." Barry glances outside and sees an explosion at S.T.A.R labs so he tries to hurry. He freezes, the glass breaks, then he feels a shock although his body then nothing at all.

Authors note:

Hey guys I know only a few people will read this but I hope you guys like it and feel free to let me know how I could do better.🫶🏻