06 - Whiplash*

CW; smut, alcohol, weed, 18+ only
chapters with smut will have a * by the title

VALLIE

Nicholas and I get Noah onto his feet and practically carry him to his room which thankfully is on the first floor. Since Nick and I are also pretty drunk we sort of just plop him on his messy bed and set some water and ibuprofen on his nightstand.

Even though I'm crossfaded, it doesn't stop me from observing his room. It's what you'd expect, posters everywhere, a gaming chair with two monitors, striped navy sheets, but he at least has a bed frame. It reeks of weed, cigarettes, and sweat. What throws me off the most is how filthy the room is – I never expect a man's room to be immaculate, but this is a disaster. There's trash everywhere, crumpled soda cans, glass bottles, empty cigarette boxes, ash everywhere. His bed is full of mess too, piled with game controllers, books, rolling trays, lighters, a laptop, an ipad, and that's just from the brief glance at it. The disarray takes up half of his entire bed and he is left with a sliver of mattress.

Nicholas carefully closes the door behind us like Noah is a baby he doesn't want to wake. The house is empty, no boys, no music, nothing. "Do you have any more weed?" I blurt out, I need something and maybe smoking would help reign in my intoxication. He gives me a funny look with peaked brows. "What!" I ask playfully, still feeling the swirly buzz of alcohol spinning on my tongue.

"You just didn't strike me as a smoker." Giving me a small smirk before rounding the table, "It's in the living room." He gestures across the house and I follow closely behind. He snatches a glass jar and a neon green plastic bong from the bookshelf next to the TV then sits down on the couch, placing both items on the coffee table. "Folio is the roller so, I hope you don't mind a bong? I can get a pipe if you want, I'm sure I could find one-."

"I can handle a bong, thank you." I bite down on my bottom lip to hide the smile that begs to plaster itself across my face.

"You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" The words seem to be edged with some hint of accusation, but I dismiss it as me just being a paranoid smoker. He packs the bowl with green carefully, making sure to pick out any stems or inconsistencies. Then, he hands me the piece and a lighter. "First hit." Offering it towards me.

Sober me would definitely over-analyze the sanitation of this bong, seeing as it's been shared amongst at least four men with I'm sure questionable guests – but I'm not sober, and I need this hit. Seamlessly, I press my lips to the thick black rim of the bong, use the lighter to sizzle the ground flower and inhale the opaque smoke. For a moment, I think I took it like a champ, until I completely exhaled and am consumed by a coughing fit. I shakily hand the bong back to Nicholas who's laughing at me. "Dude, your face is so red right now. Are you good?"

"It's just been a long time since I smoked from a bong." I struggle to get out the words between coughs. I use a water bottle I'd stolen from the fridge to help ease the burning in my throat. It's been a long time since I've done anything fun, I haven't even drank in months since I've been so busy managing the last stadium tour. I needed this night more than I thought.

He easily takes a hit, exhaling a thick white cloud above us. "I got you." He states as he leans across the coffee table and reaches into a decorative wooden bowl, grabbing something that sounded like crumpled plastic. His hand opens to reveal a small hill of vibrant Jolly Ranchers, "These help with the coughing, don't ask, they just do." A kind smile tugs at the edges of his mouth.

"Thanks." I mirror his smile and take a blue raspberry rancher. After unraveling it out of the wrapping, I place it on my tongue. Much to my surprise, it does help significantly. "Wow, that's crazy how fast that works. My eyes were fucking watering."