𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙩.𝙤𝙣𝙚

3 months later
I picked up the last box from the dusty floor signed with my name in black marker. There was no turning back. The new owners of my house were standing in front of the house waiting for the keys to be handed over. Unfortunately my new job in moms bakery isn't enough to pay the bills and I have to go. And that's only because I had weaknes for wrong person.

I came out of the house in gray pants and a sweatshirt. I put the box in the trunk of my car among my other things. I closed the trunk and turned to the new owners with the most fake smile. I handed two silver house keys to the young couple and politely thanked them for nothing.

It's amazing how your life can change just because of something stupid. And for the last 3 months I was really felt useless. There were a lot of people outside in the neighborhood watching me leave for another part of London. The children I taught, the people I saw just watched me leave.

I turned my back to them and took one last look at the small, brick house with flowers in the windows. I approached the car and opened it. My mother was already sitting in it, with whom I was supposed to live for an indefinite period. I sat down on the leather seat and watched in the rearview mirror as the young couple entered the house.

"Let's go, y/n" My mom stroked my face. Without looking at her, I started my old car and pulled out of the driveway. On the way to my mom, I looked around. I felt empty inside. I had nothing. I didn't have a good job, a home or a partner. I had to start from scratch, again.

We arrived at my mother's house. To the house in which I spent 19 years of my life. It was strange. We slowly took my things out of the car and carried them upstairs to my old room. When I put the last thing on my old desk. I look around. Everything here was exactly as I envisioned it when I left. I suddenly realized how lonely mom was when I left.

Next to the box, on the wooden desk was also my old laptop. I took it in both hands and sat in the middle of the bed. I put my laptop on my legs crossed over me and turned it on.
On the laptop's lock screen was a photo of me and Lorraine hugging and laughing at the camera. If only I had known then...
I typed the password in the gray rectangle. The laptop opened!

I started researching my old school assignments, photos, movies, videos on my old computer. I suddenly lost my mind for a moment. At that moment, my phone rang three times in a row. Who is writing to me?
I took my phone out of my sweatpants pocket and checked the messages.

Lorraine
I heard you're close..
How about lunch?
Tomorrow afternoon? ;)

I threw my phone away in complete disinterest in answering her. I left her on seen and continued in my activity.
I don't know what happened, if I had a weak moment or something, but after 10 minutes I picked up my phone again and opened a chat with Lorraine.

Me
Ok, I'll be at your restaurant on on my lunch break.

Lorraine
See you ;)

She answered.
What am I doing again? I don't know.
After dinner, bath, watching a movie, I lay down under a thick white duvet and set my alarm clock for early morning. I put the phone on the bedside table and snuggled into the duvet.

"I need to rest" I muttered to myself into the blanket before closing my eyes to a deep sleep....

*BEEPING*
My face was buried in the pillow, I reached for my cell phone, which was making an unbearable sound. I started banging my index finger into it until it was off. When I successfuly turned it off, I turned on my back and slowly opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and slowly started to get out of bed. I put my beautiful fluffy slippers on my feet and walked tiredly into the bathroom. Here I turned myself into a human then put on a hideous brown uniform with a black apron. There was breakfast on the table with a note from my mom. Fruit and sweet pastries.