Chapter 1: New Beginnings, and Strange Shapes

Log 0: Introduction:
Hello everyone! Just incase you don't know who I am by now, let me introduce myself! My name is Jack! Driver of the number nine engine on The Fat Controller's Railway. A black, Scottish, mainline goods engine named Donald! I work with two lovely lasses, Amber, the stoker and Jen, the guard! But, what should clue you in is that I'm also the author of the series! And for those of you who read the stories about my co-workers and the engines they drive, thank you! The Fat Controller's loving all the new publicity, and I'm glad you're all enjoying the stories! Last weekend, Ash, Gordon's driver, came waltzing happily along, and gave me this fancy looking journal! I was wanting to draw in it, but Ash was insistent that we do something special. So, I'm writing this! I'm not fully sure where to go from here, but Amber keeps suggesting I talk about our normal day to day lives.. Might be interesting! 

Log 1: March 22nd 2023:

Okay, something strange is going on. And no, it's not some nuclear power plant or something daft like that. It's something much, much stranger. This morning, Gordon had trouble steaming. Ash and Marie tried everything, but nothing worked. It was so bad that Benson was given the express and Bernie was given the limited in his place. When Gordon was at last able to steam, he was put on trucks. At first, Gordon couldn't complain, but as the rain started, that all changed. At last, they reached Thompson's Tunnel. As they neared the entrance, they heard a screaming cry! Slowly, Ash brought the train to a stop, and inspected the trucks. The trouble wasn't hard to find. Layton had slipped his brakes on, and caused a big scene. At last, with the help of Marie, and none from Gabriel, the train was back underway. As they rolled through the tunnel, Rick passed, and made some smart remark, Gordon was about to retort, when they rolled out of the tunnel. Instead of the dreary weather they had been expecting, they were met with a harsh beam of light! Gordon and his crew all shouted in terror, and Marie threw on the brakes! As soon as the train had stopped, the light was gone! Feeling shaken up, Gordon set off. They asked Rick if he or his crew saw anything. Cinnamon reported seeing a flash, just as her brakevan entered the tunnel, but nothing more. Ash and I spent a good few hours trying to figure it out, but nothings come to mind... Damn.. Maybe we'll find an explanation.. I hope.

 I hope