03. Thousand Years Curse

(REMINDER ABOUT THE DISEASE: Idk much about pneumonia...

But, hey. Since this is fiction... And for the sake of le plot, let's all say that it is what it is, yeah? That pneumonia evolved to a point where it's slowly killing the bearer of the disease for years.

Enjoy~)

Fighting bacteria might not be easy. After taking the medication, it would be said to be rather a bloody fight.

However, after the gruelling battle, was the taste of something that they have never felt.

Cosmos has never gone far without being carried by his lion friend, nor was he allowed to move without an escort guard to watch over his health. Although the symptoms are kept as mild as now, who knows if they'll make it the incoming winter?

Because of this, Ryusui delayed his plan for oil search for a while and accompanied Senku going to Ishigami village to remake the antibiotics and return to Volkov village to do the check up.

Cosmos' family consisted of one father, one eldest daughter and two younger sons. The daughter was named Gardenia Volkova, she's twenty one and should have been married now in order to keep up the descendants, but the illness delayed her love and ability to birth. More than love, she was battling with the pain everyday and decided to stay in her room, despising the ounce of life within her. She didn't want to become the priestess because her case is getting severe. Thus, put Cosmos, the first born son, to substitute the absence of priestess and endured both pressure as heir and the job as current priest.

The third son Anemone Volkov. Just like Cosmos, Anemone possessed a smart mind. Cosmos know of this and tried to make him the next successor, but it didn't take long before he began to cough blood too at the age of eleven. Anemone is only fifteen now, but amongst the family, he was the one who was so close to death's door. His body deteriorated no matter how much they tried because he was born prematurely.

The three Volkov children have no spouses at the moment. It was common for them to marry at eighteen to twenty. Have children and live enough to teach them what needs to be taught before dying from twenty seven to thirty. This was why none of the Volkov had ever had any chances in meeting their grandparents and lived long enough to hold their own grandchildren.

.

Cosmos sat in the hall with his family. All four of them wearing diamond earring in their right ear. All eyes had the gleam of golden ambers but only Cosmos had black hair while His father, the one named Cosmos 183rd, Gardenia, and Anemone had blonde hairs. They all had solemn faces, bearing both gentleness and mystery.

This is the family that only have an unknown number of days to live. In front of them was Senku's group.

The chief looked at the people in front of him seriously. Unlike the villagers, the Volkovs wore thicker robes to fend off cold. On their sides were cups of warm wild ginger tea to ease off their chest pains with the strong scent infiltrating the entire room.

"This is the Ishigami Senku from the hundred tales?" The chief asked, his tone was hoarse. Obvious that he had been coughing frequently.

"Yeah. That's me, alright." Senku replied. "I'm ten billion percent sure that little Cosmos here informed you, so I won't cut to the chase. I'm here with the cure for pneumonia."

"Yes, I've heard." The chief coughed shortly. "But do you know the weight of your words?"

"I'm certain that the medication will cure pneumonia. But I also need to give a thorough check up." He replied calmly.

The younger Cosmos smiled. "I want to give it a try."

Gardenia, the oldest and Anemone, the youngest both turned to their brother. Although their father is still the standing official chief, the one with highest authority now is the first son who has been taking care of the village affairs the best he could despite his deteriorating health.