Part 5: The Sound Of Metal

In the land of Britannia, the Iceni tribe in Eastern Britain was one of the eleven Celtic tribes that allied themselves with the powerful Roman Empire, under their king Prasutagus and his young wife, Boudica.

The royal couple was blessed with two healthy daughters, and for a time, there was peace. Such a bright and beautiful future one could only hope for the best. However, the king became ill.

Hoping to protect his people, he came up with a plan for his daughters and the Roman Emperor Nero to become co-rulers of Iceni... then he passed away.

This brings us to now. It's been a while since the plan was delivered to Rome, yet they haven't responded yet. So this leads to paranoia and concern from the people of Iceni. To put an end to the rise of concern, a soldier stepped forth and decided to make a journey to Rome and see what has happened.

Let's begin.

3rd P.O.V

"Neigh!"

The horse cried and struggled as it moved against the man back and forth.

???: "Stop being such a brat and let me put this on you!"

The man shouted at the animal, only to receive another neigh in defiance. The horse struggled against him.

???: "You're such a baby when it comes to long trips."

Woman: "Maybe it's a sign not to leave?"

Turning around, the man saw a woman standing before him. She had scarlet hair and teal eyes. She sported a kind smile, one that would warm the coldest of hearts. A red cloak draped over her body, and she wore a red skirt and white corset.

 A red cloak draped over her body, and she wore a red skirt and white corset

???: "Boudica."

The man said before kneeling down to the ground. His head lowered down as if he wasn't deserving to look up at her.

Boudica: "Come on, stand up (Y/n). I don't know why you insist on doing this display."

The man wore interwoven metal plates over chainmail and blue cloth, topped by a visored armet helmet made to protect against a stray arrow or blade strike. The partial plate is segmented along the torso, arm, and leg joints to provide great dexterity while still granting plenty of protection in balance.

 The partial plate is segmented along the torso, arm, and leg joints to provide great dexterity while still granting plenty of protection in balance