Chapter 2

Monday Lunchtime

Marc’s POV

To be honest, I hate having homework.

I mean, who would like to do homework when we are learning at school?

I am waiting for Chelsea to arrive so we can work on our project right now, and then I can work with Nathaniel on our manga comic books.
I will rather be doing this now than later, but hard luck.

“Hey, Marc.” Chelsea just arrived at the canteen table I am in.

We have been assigned as partners for our history project. Our topic is The French Revolution, which is a very well-known history in France.

“I brought some extra notes for the final bit of our project.”

I looked at her confused. “But I thought we would work on that now.”

She smiled at me. “Sorry, it is just I already had extra notes made before we were assigned to do this essay and I thought that they would be useful for the final bit.”

She handed me her notebook, and when I read it, I was shocked. “These are all notes that we need to finish, Chelsea. I can write it out in an essay style, and I can give you it afterward to read it. What do you think?”

She nodded at that idea. “So, when that part is done, want to do something else?”

I was about to answer, but I was shocked when Mari arrived at the table with a weird vibe than usual.

“Hi, Marc, Chelsea.” She gave her a weird smile and sat down with her food. “I decided to sit down with you since others are hogging around Lila, and Alya and Nino are not here right now.”

“And… who are you?” Forgot to mention, Chelsea is new in this school. She joined a few weeks ago.

“That is Marinette I told you about.”

“Nice to meet you, Marinette.” They both handshake each other. “Marc told me about you, as well as Nathaniel but he isn’t here for some reason. You know, you look very pretty.”

“Uhm… Thanks? Anyway, Marc, can I talk to you?”

I nodded, even though I am confused about what is going on.

Right now

Mari’s POV

I decided to talk to Marc and Chelsea for a bit and see what is going on. She seems like a nice person.

“So, Nath has told me that you are working on a project together. You two seem like you enjoy each other's company.”

“Well… Marc is a nice guy. Anyway, where did you get that purse from? It suits you.”

“I made it myself.” She looks surprised, but I brushed it off. “Anyway, as I was saying, Nath wasn’t looking happy today and I thought maybe you could make him feel better. Can you do that?”

“Ok, we can go and see him in a bit. You are really kind-hearted…”

“Hey, guys.” We all froze in shock to see Nath arriving at the table. “Am I bothering with anything?”