Party Night

(Just a heads up, it gets pretty tense but nothing u guys can't handle)

Marina's POV

"Laf, I'm nervous." I tell my sister, finishing eating the dinner she made me. It was pasta, and it was insanely good.

"Why're you nervous, M? You've got great social skills. You'll be fine." She reassures me, taking my empty plate away and then coming to sit next to me at the dining table.

"I don't know, I just feel.. funny." I admit, she frowns and holds my hand.

"Darling..." she comforts me, I can't help but smile a little

"You don't have to be baby me, you know.."

"You're very baby-able. I don't like seeing you all nervous." She strokes the back on my hand, I watch her thumb move slowly and softly. She really does love me.

"I'll be okay, I just feel strange. I always do before these things, though." I try to reason, she nods

"Exactly, you'll be okay once you're there."

"Yeah, I'll settle into it. Besides, I'll be with Lizzy the whole time."

"Very good. When are you getting ready?" She asks, I look at the clock we have in the kitchen. It's about half past five now and the party is at seven, but Lizzy wants me there early so we can hang out.

"I think I'll start now. I haven't got much else to do." I pause "Thanks for dinner, Laf. You're great."

"I'm great?" She smiles, I smile too

"The greatest. I'll see you before I go."

"Alright, M. See you in a bit."

I go upstairs and put on my favourite black dress, then do some dark ish makeup to match. I figured that if I'm spending the night at a house party full of vampires, I may as well look appropriately gothic. To be honest, I look good.

"How do I look?" I ask Laf

"You look beautiful, darling." She comes close to me and sort of fixes my hair like she always does "Go over there and have fun for me, alright?"

"Alright" I smile, then hug her tightly "I love you Laf. You're great to me."

"I love you too, now go or you'll be late." She hurries me

"Okay okay, I've got my phone and everything but I'm only next door if you need me."

"I know. I'll see you later darling."

"Bye Laf, love you.."

I go out of my front door and close it behind myself. Lizzy sort of appears right in front of me

"God, you scared me.. Don't jump out like that." I scold her.

The idea of giving a vampire a telling off if sort of stupid, because she could literally rip me to shreds. But she wouldn't.

"I'm sorry, baby, I just thought you'd want a sort of debrief before we go in." She runs her cool fingertips down my arms. It feels nice in the warm night air.

"Mmh.. Well, I wouldn't mind.."

"Alright. It's my dads close friends and a couple distant family members. My brother's here but my dad says he's under control and shouldn't do anything to you."

"Shouldn't?" I repeat

"Shouldn't. The chances aren't zero. If you need to defend yourself just kind of take his teeth out of you."