0I

"So. Now'tha we got that outta of da wae, how'er we doin dis?" A strong Welsh accent spoke "We have plenty of time to ah goe about it. But we should spend these 5 years wisely. No point lookin for trouble when we can consolidate our grasp on a greater whole. Specially considering the rewards offered should we complete da tasks well."

"I concur." A crisp English accent punctuated "We may all have been given another chance, empowered beyond belief, and become dominant in our own right. But that is no reason we should be lax or grow arrogant and complacent. Similar to our... counterparts."

"No. Even if we are able, how are we sure this is not on the whims of a god?" A gruff, resolute voice spoke. His Greek accent punctuates his vowels "For all we know, we are on the whims of another who would love nothing more for us to do as expected and fail for their amusement."

"Agreed. How can we be living a new life if we'd be enslaved under another?" A clear, hardened voice spoke, clear of any accent to be easily noticed "I cannot stand the idea that we would be considering the whims of an unknown, regardless of all his gifts and assistance. This reeks of a scheme, even knowing advances and the people involved in advance, would this not cause unprecedented consequences for the future of this world?"

"I thaink yar reading tao deeply inta this." A suave female voice spoke with a cowgirl accent "He literally laid out all his cards and gave us all the option to do so without any want of payment from us.

"I agree with her." A young, brash voice rounded out "Even if he wanted to, he can no longer interfere any more than he already has." Lightning coursing through his figure tips, as he contemplated his newfound knowledge and abilities he has been given to easily supplement his already impressive skillset "Why not make the best of it? No one can oppose us mostly to the highest degree, all the leading countries are on the path to corrupting stagnation, the major powers behind the scenes monopolize their power for the powerful few in detestable ways, and millions suffer for their actions direct, indirect, or lack of. Why not make a difference with what we have? Why should we not?"

" *BLAM* ITS FOOLISHNESS BOY!!!" The Greek man slammed his hand onto the wooden table, spider-marks already spreading out from the point of impact "We would be no better than the gods that we would find ourselves aspiring to become. It is not our-"

"Not our what?!" The young brash man spoke out. Interrupting the line of thinking that pretended to be 'reasonable' "Not our place to assist!? To guide!? To ensure a better tomorrow!?" He scoffed in distaste "We all know what happens if we just do nothing. Planet side extinction-level event for this world at best, universe ending level event at worst. Possibly even worse than that. And you were just about to suggest we do... Nothing?"

The Greek man said nothing. Stewing in his anger as he reined himself in. Sticking to what he knows best and strikes when his opponent shows a moment of weakness, avoiding to become flat-footed due to his hypocrisy. There is nothing to hide.

"I fear my own control sometimes, hell, even detest it due to the amount of death and pain I have caused. But to see it with my own eyes? On a whole different level, no less? Well, now I know what it's like, and how to avoid becoming shackled to it. If we fear what we are and what we can do, how can we possibly do better in this new life of ours?"

There it is. His opening for attack

"And what will you have us do, boy?" He replied in distaste, attempting to further capitalize on who essentially was (technically) the youngest out of all of them. Trying to paint him as naive and idealistic to the rest of the seven "What you are suggesting is to become no better than the tyrants and animals we have vanquished and punished. It is not our concern to deal with the problems of this world." He finished with a scowl fitting all too easily on his face "We have all seen what happens for the most part. They managed to resolve it on their own end. Albeit with countless wasteful sacrifices and needless bloodshed. But they resolved it nevertheless. Why should it be our responsibility to act on something that is not our-" "I'm going ta haveta cut you there big man." The cowgirl cut off