Chapter 2- Departures and Discoveries

Vanessa stood at the entrance of the airport, her heart pounding with excitement and a hint of nervousness. Even though she had been on numerous airplanes before, she could never completely shake off her fear of flying.

As she looked up at the massive aircraft that would carry her to the Kalos region, Vanessa took a deep breath and reminded herself of the incredible adventures that awaited her. Beside her stood her mother, Melanie, and Professor Juniper, who had come to see her off. They exchanged encouraging smiles, their support evident in their eyes. "Vanessa, we're so proud of you," Melanie said, her voice filled with emotion. 

Vanessa nodded, feeling a surge of determination. "Thank you, Mom. I will win this time. I'll make you proud."

Professor Juniper placed a hand on Vanessa's shoulder. "Do your best Nessa,  and be good to your Pokémon and everything will work out." 

Professor Juniper removed her hands from Vanessa's shoulders and reached into her pocket. After a moment of rummaging, she retrieved a Poké Ball and held it out to Vanessa.

"Vanessa, I think you should bring Absol with you on your journey."

Vanessa's surprise turned into delight as she recognized the Poké Ball. Absol. "Absol? Of course, I'll bring her with me! But why, Professor?"

Professor Juniper gave Vanessa a reassuring smile. "There's something about Absol that could prove invaluable in the Kalos region. Professor Sycamore will explain everything once you arrive there. Trust me, Vanessa, this is a decision that will shape your journey."

Vanessa's excitement grew as she clutched Absol's Poké Ball in her hands. She knew that Absol possessed a unique ability to sense and warn of imminent disasters, and she couldn't help but wonder how it would come into play in Kalos.

"I trust you, Professor Juniper," Vanessa replied, her voice filled with gratitude.

after hugging both older women one last time before Vanessa entered the airport terminal. Just before she went in, the blue-eyed girl swore one last time. She gave a big wave and said "Love you, see you soon!"

Vanessa's voice carried through the air, filled with love and excitement. Melanie and Professor Juniper smiled back, their eyes shimmering with pride and affection.

"Love you too, Vanessa! Have an amazing journey!" Melanie called out, her voice filled with a mix of joy and bittersweet emotions.

Professor Juniper's eyes gleamed with warmth as she replied, "Take care, Vanessa! We'll be eagerly waiting to hear about your adventures!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanessa's excitement grew as she stepped off the plane and set foot on Kalos soil for the first time.