12: The second stage

A month later...

Leah Greens:

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. Good thing we don't have classes today because I have to work today. Yes, I do have to work, I am doing this for Ren. I don't want to lose them like I did lose Lily and Louis. Ren was in tears, crying so hard. I was the only person who get them to calm down. I can't lose another person, then one time I saw Ren with Caleb more often. I am happy, but I don't want Ren keep using a fake smile around Caleb.

It's hurt me when they faked a smile or put on a happy face when they need to. I went to the bathroom, I tried to opened the door. But it was locked, again. I will make some soup for them. Like the doctor recommended for Ren. I started to make the soup for them. I just hope I can get the money to pay that treatment without it. I don't want to think about that right now. I need to stay calm, then I will have to go to work for the money.

After I made the soup, I brought it to Ren's room. I saw them in bed, they were rubbing their throat. I have a bad feeling about this, the second stage of hanahaki. The victim starts to vomiting blood and flowers. The flowers of the person that victim loves. This is bad, I can sense it. I need to call the doctor and I will get the next step for delay this disease overtake. I know Ren will have a few months to live. But I want them to get the treatment in time. I sighed and I give them the soup. " Thanks, Lee Lee, " they thanked me and they took the tray from my hands. 

" I am working overtime, don't worry. I will be back at 8, I promise, " I told to them and they nodded. I left the room, and I went to the bathroom. I saw one of the flowers that Ren vomited was a lotus. Caleb's favorite flower is a lotuses, I remember that Ren did managed Caleb's favorite flower were lotuses. I knew that, well, I need to get to my boxing job.

I work as a boxer assistant coach. I do have to work this job on the weekends, so it is a part time job for me. I like to work at the training facility, but some of the people there don't believe female can be boxer fighter. I loved boxing as child, but now I am going to live the dream. But for now I need to work.

Ren Greens:

I ate the soup and I put it on my table. I need to get up, I got up and I went to the kitchen to find my pills. I found them and I took them. I remember Caleb is coming to me and Leah's dorm today. Fuck this is bad, he can't see me in this state. If he finds out I have the disease, I am screwed as hell.

He is coming over because of the essay project. I need to act calm, I know I have to lie to him. He will never know the truth, plus he is dating Aisha. I went to my room to change my clothes, for now. 

Leah left the house and I just finished changing. I don't want Caleb to know the truth, I know I keep saying that. But I need to keep this a secret for now until then, I have to keep quiet about my illness. Even from my parents.

Then I heard a knock on the door. I went to the door and I opened it, I saw it was Caleb. " Hey Caleb, how are you? " I asked to as I let him in the dorm. He came inside the my place and I closed the door. " I'm good. You? " he looked at me and I didn't know how to reply. So I answered, " I am * cough * okay, " I covered my mouth and Caleb looked at me with weird look. " Are you sure, because you coughed? " He looked concerned and I had to lied.

" Oh, maybe seasonal allergies, " I lied with a sly look and he was relief. " I almost thought you had the hanahaki, " he said and I was froze. He knows about that disease, and I shook my head. " Why would I have it, Caleb? Do I look like I like someone? Plus, I don't like anyone, " I lied again and he nodded. Then we went to my room, we were still on the the fourth paragraph. Well, I was working on it and plus Caleb will work on the the last paragraph.

" The reason I thought you had the sickness was because of the coughing. Coughing is one of the symptoms. I was making sure, plus I remember you did said you like someone, " he glanced at me and I remember that time. I was talking to him about my crush on him, but he was so blind. I never thought he like me or ever. He look like he doesn't, he is dating Aisha. Me and Leah's rival. " So, I will keep working on the paragraph, " I changed to the topic, but I knew Caleb will never drop the subject. He never drop it unless we convince him. He was my best friend. Was. Not anymore. 

Wow, I really thought that confess will work. But I was wrong and end getting diagnosed with the hanahaki disease instead. Now I have a few months to live, fuck this shit right now. But this is life, life is never fair. 

" Ren, you okay? " Caleb looked at me and I snapped out of my trance. "I am fine, let's keep working on the essay. You know how Ms. Clover is, " with a awkward laugh. He laughed as well and we kept working on the project. We kept talking about the memories and good moments when we were friends.

" I remember that one time when Aisha fell into the pool. Face first!"

" Yeah, also that other time when you had to kissed me because of a dare that Aisha made up."

" Hey! I was a fool at the time, plus I didn't want to do the other dare."

I remember that time, Aisha dared Caleb to kissed some random person in our school. But he chose to kissed me instead. Unfortunately, it was a dare, because I was blushed as hell on that day. But he will never know I like him, so I was silent about it. I was supposed to confess to him a month ago. Then I found Caleb was dating Aisha, so he never like me. I really thought he did, I mean we were friends since kindergarten. Well was friend until college.

I was working on the essay almost done the fourth paragraph. Then Caleb was looking at me, " Are you okay, Ren because you've been silence for the past 15 minutes. "