Back to Black.

Adrianna POV

 the realm of the comatose began to crumble around me. I felt the walls of darkness gradually receding, making way for the light of consciousness to seep in. Each passing day brought newfound strength as if my body and spirit had joined forces in a silent rebellion against the confines of my slumber.

With each passing milestone, I regained control over my body, liberating it from the paralysis that had held me captive. My movements grew more fluid, and more purposeful, as I reacquainted myself with the sensations of life. I marveled at the simple act of stretching my limbs, savoring the freedom that had been denied to me for so long.

Tom, stood steadfastly by my side throughout this arduous journey. He was there every step of the way, holding my hand, whispering words of encouragement, and reminding me of the love that had sustained us both through the darkest of times. His presence became my anchor, grounding me in the reality of our shared existence.

I could see the anticipation etched upon Tom's face, his eyes shining with a mixture of hope and longing. He yearned for the moment when my eyes would flutter open when I would return to him fully, breathing and alive. And I, too, yearned for that reunion, aching to gaze into his eyes and communicate the depth of my love.

Finally, the day arrived. It was as if the universe conspired to align our paths, allowing the threads of fate to weave together in a moment of pure magic. As I lay there, suspended between the realm of dreams and consciousness, I felt a familiar warmth seep through my fingertips. It was Tom, steadfast and unwavering, holding my hand as he had done countless times before. But this time was different. This time, the veil of my coma had been lifted, and I was awake.

I slowly opened my eyes, and there he was, gazing at me with a mix of disbelief and overwhelming joy. His eyes, filled with unshed tears, met mine, and at that moment, our souls intertwined. I could see the love, the longing, and the months of waiting etched upon his face.

Without a word, a smile tugged at the corners of my lips. It was a smile that conveyed everything I wanted to say but couldn't find the words for. In that shared understanding, we knew that our journey had reached its long-awaited destination.

And then, as if drawn by an invisible force, our bodies moved closer. Tom leaned in, his breath mingling with mine, as he whispered my name in a hushed voice filled with reverence. Time seemed to stand still as our lips met, sealing the unspoken promises and unexpressed emotions that had accumulated during my time in the coma.

It was a kiss filled with an intensity that words could never capture. In that single moment, I felt the weight of our shared longing, the culmination of the love that had sustained us both in our darkest hours. It was a testament to the power of hope and the resilience of the human spirit. As we embraced, the room seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth of our bodies pressed against each other. I could feel the steady rhythm of Tom's heartbeat against my chest, a soothing reminder that we had made it through the storm, hand in hand. Through everything happening these past months, Tom never left me. He kept his promise to me. That promise he made so long ago. to never leave me again. 

And then, amidst the depth of our embrace, the door swung open, revealing a flood of familiar faces. Bill, George, Gustav, and Terrance stood there, their eyes brimming with tears of joy, relief, and shock as they didn't expect to see me awake. As we pulled away from our kiss, still breathless, we were enveloped in a chorus of cheers and applause. It was a symphony of love, a celebration of triumph over adversity. Tears cascaded down our cheeks, mingling with laughter, as we reveled in the beauty of this miraculous awakening.

In that room, at that moment, I felt an overwhelming gratitude for the love that surrounded me. It was a love that had carried me through the darkest nights, a love that had patiently waited for my return. And as I looked into the eyes of those who had stood by our side, I knew that I was blessed beyond measure.