.02

Mt. Natagumo Incident

"Caw! Homura! Caw! You have been summoned to report to Mt. Natagumo this instant!"

Upon hearing the words of his crow, Homura dashed towards the location determinedly, not giving himself a break. He held his sword handle cautiously as he entered the mountain, observing the place.

There were multiple demon slayers positioned oddly. They were attacking each other. By seeing the unnatural movements of the slayers, Homura already guessed what was happening. They were being strung and manipulating by strings of a puppeteer. He took out his strung weapons and cut off the strings holding the them under control.

"It won't work no matter how many times you slice it away! The spiders will just string us up again! You have to leave us behind! We'll die anyway!" a slayer shouted, catching my attention. His body was force at unnatural angles, breaking his arms, "We were never this strong before!"

"It hurts whenever we move!" another cried, eyes red from sobbing in pain without help as they were cut in many places. It was hopeless.

"I'm sorry I couldn't arrive here sooner... But, I'll try to take you out of your misery," Homura told them, his face solemn. Damn demons...! He felt his eyes brim with tears.

Homura threw the slayers up into the branches and clumped the strings into a tight knot to prevent the strings from manipulating the slayers moves. He could only hope it helped.

He continued to save the people, coming across Shinobu facing a spider sister. She can handle it. Homura continued to search for the stronger demon on the hill, eventually finding the Lower Moon 5, Rui, fighting Tanjiro. Homura hid himself, eyeing them closely.

Homura plunged into the battle when he saw Tanjiro about to be hit by a string, pushing himself off a tree branch with force that he could reach the ground in the blink of an eye.

"Keep your focus! Don't let your guard down!" Homura yelled, slicing the single string into halves before it could touch Tanjiro. Tanjiro tumbled in the air, receiving a harsh landing as he swerved to try to avoid the demon.

"Are you alright?" he asked Tanjiro as he faced Rui.

"How dare you intrude on our conversation. I should just kill you right now," Rui hissed in annoyance. Tanjiro walked back up, with his broken katana, panting.

"Oi! How do expect to beat him with a broken sword? You better get out of here, I'll deal with this Lower Kizuki!" Homura shouted, urging Tanjiro to retreat. Homura sliced another string as it came his way with his nichirin katana.

"Are you a Hashira?" Rui inquired, staring at Homura as his white threads kept getting sliced by the demon slayer, who could defend himself in the air.

"What do you think?" Homura replied before he prepared another strike to the demon's neck.

Flame Breathing, First Form: Unknowing Fire

Homura launched himself off of the ground, swinging his katana at Rui. His eyes widened at the distance the demon slayer covered in just a second. Rui sent red strings at Homura direction, causing the latter to step back and redirect his attack.

Flame Breathing, Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation

Homura cut the red threads into pieces, dodging the ones he could not by lunging forward. A spider web of threads were created at Tanjiro, which Homura failed to observe as he was focused on the demon.

He heard the sound of blood splatter and his eyes widened as he turned around. A demon? Protecting that demon slayer? Homura was in disbelief.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled as Nezuko collapsed into his arms. Homura stepped back from the Lower Kizuki demon as more threads approached him, one slicing his wrist moderately deep. Tanjiro ran away from the demon, but the demon was now focused on him.