.03

Recovery

When Homura woke up, he was no longer on the ground. Instead, he was on a hospital bed. Bandages were wrapped around his limbs, where the attacks hit him. He was greeted by Shinobu.

"Eh? You're awake?" the Hashira queried, leaning in with curiosity.

"Hi. What happened?" the boy stared at her nonchalant, seeming quite dull. He was considerably worn out by the blood loss. Usually, he would be full of energy.

"You were seriously injured in that fight with Lower Moon 5, yes?" Shinobu asked him, "Your wounds were moderately deep, so you may feel pain in those bandaged areas. You lost a lot of blood in that short time period. I suggest you fully recover before heading for your missions. Oh, did I say they could possibly leave scars?" she told Homura.

"Anyway, you have visitors."

"...Really? Oh, tell them they can enter," Homura said, staring from his bedridden state.

"HOMURA-KUN!! ARE YOU OKAY? I HEARD YOU WERE SERIOUSLY INJURED!" Mitsuri ran into the room, her face pale with panic. Tears slipped from her eyes as she screamed, "I WAS SO WORRIED!"

"Do you feel better now, Homura-san? You look quite injured. I'm glad you made it," Rengoku walked in behind Mitsuri, calmly speaking.

"Shinobu-chan was worried that you'd die of blood loss!" Mitsuri pointed out, causing blood to drain from Homura's face from shock. Of course I was about to die from blood loss! Neither you nor Tomioka did shit to help!

"Ah... It's nice to see you two again..." Homura spaced out.

"This isn't our usual Homura! He's being possessed!" Mitsuri squealed, clinging onto Rengoku.

"I'm sure it's not like that! Maybe the fight took a toll on him, so he's less energetic! We shall wait until he recovers, then we can have a celebratory feast!" Rengoku bellowed with confidence, shooting his fist up.

"Really?" Mitsuri beamed at the idea. "Oh! Before I forget, there's a letter from your father! We're supposed to give it to you!" she exclaimed, handing a closed up letter to Homura.

"Thank you... for taking the time to visit me Mitsuri-san, Rengoku-san," Homura gave them his best smile, though his eyes showed another thing.

"I hope you feel better, Homura-san! Get well soon!" Rengoku said, before he left the room with Mitsuri.

A letter from Hotaru, huh? I wonder.

The letter:
Homura, why were you so careless?! I felt like my soul would be ripped from my body! YOU MADE ME SO WORRIED. YOU HAD SO MANY INJURIES WHEN I CAME OVER! YOU LOOKED HORRIBLE! YOU BETTER COME OVER AND TRAIN SOME MORE, DAMMIT! I love you. GET WELL SOON. DON'T MAKE ME WORRY ANYMORE. I WANT TO BRING THAT DUMB DEMON BACK AND MAKE IT SUFFER THE WORST HELL IT COULD EVER EXPERIENCE!!!

ALSO, THERE WAS THIS KAMADO BRAT WHO BROKE MY SWORD! I HAVE TO FORGE HIM ANOTHER ONE! MY HEART BROKE. I FAILED HIM. FAIL. FAIL.

LOVE YOU.

He imagined his father saying so. The letter even had a hand-drawn crying face of Hotaru, and some indiscernible scribbles at the end of the second part. Kamado? Never head of him, but poor guy. I have to get Hotaru some mitarashi dango later.