♡Chapter-1♡

Aashna's pov

You know what  the real joy of life is? It's making friends, going out, meeting new people, dancing and jumping around with your people and living in the moment. Only those people who perform all these things without thinking of what people would say or how people would react are able to achieve that joy, that bliss.

And I am the one who is exact opposite of all those people. Predictable, right? An introverted girl who likes reading and is more confident in expressing herself through the poems that she writes, though lacking the courage to show those poems to the world. Yes I accept, I am like this. I don't live the life in the moment. Either I am planning for the future or thinking about the past, thinking about him. Him.

Anyways. Tomorrow is the first day of school, of 12th standard, of my last year in school! All my school life, after 6th class has been boring. I don't have any particular memories from school, except if you count that one time I slipped in the corridor along with a pile of notebooks.

But this year I have decided to leave all that behind and start anew. I hope that this year I will experience new adventures and feel emotions I have never felt before. Ganapati bappa, please fulfill my wish. I want to bid adieu to this school with some happy memories. Please make it true.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. It's 5'O clock. Hmm. On time. Sitting up straight, I stretch my arms and then move to my balcony. I just love this time of the morning. The chirping of birds and the sun peeking out of the clouds. It feels like I am the only person on the earth. It feels so calm and soothing.

I sit there for meditation and soak up the sunlight. It has become a part of my morning routine since 8th class. I read in a magazine that sunlight helps produce a hormone called serotonin which helps in regulating mood and maintaining calm. Huh! I again wandered off to being information bulletin. Point Number 1- If want to make friends, stop imparting free knowledge on everything thing you hear.

After freshening up, I pack my bag and check if I have left anything. Anyways, I don't have a time table, so I just put in three blank registers, my pen kit, my current read and my personal diary. I don't trust anyone with that. It has my deepest thoughts, one that no one knows other than me. So I just carry it around wherever I go. I move downstairs, to see aai packing my lunch in the kitchen. Keeping my bag on the dinning table, I move towards her and back hug her.

"Good morning, Aai!" I say still hugging her.

"Good morning, Aashu. Did you have a good sleep?"

"Yup" I said with a popping sound. "What's for the breakfast?"

" Upma, go and sit on the dinning table. I am coming."

Just as I move to the dinning space I see my little brother coming down.
"Good morning sleepyhead"
"Good morning di" he said still grumbling. Not a morning person you see. Aai comes with the breakfast and after eating I put my lunch box and water bottle in my bag. And tada, I am ready for the school. After getting a lot of instructions from aai, we move to catch our school bus.

"Aashna!" My reverie was broken by someone calling my name.
"Yes?"
"The bus arrived at school. Are you going to depart from the bus or you are planning to sit here forever?"

Arghhhh! This certainly is not the good start I expected. This is outright embarrassing. Way to go Aashna!
I head out of the bus and move to the reception area to find out where my class was. Our school changes the class positions every year and it didn't make any sense to me. Like why can't the classes remain the same as before?

Now I am standing in front of my class. Senior Wing, ground floor, corner room. This was my classroom when I was in class 9th too and the best seat is window side row, 4th desk. Ya, I know, too particular description. But you have to understand that from that seat you can have a perfect outside view. This is it. I am going to have a blast. As I enter the class, the very first students I see are the three mean queens. I call them "OMG".

Omisha Garg
Maisha Patel
Gaurika Shah

They are supposedly the IT girls of our school. From juniors to seniors, most of the boys were mad for them. And I strongly despise there taste. I mean why would people like so obnoxious, self-centred, self-obsessed and mean people. Guys just look at there face and fall for the outer pretty layer. What about what's inside one person?

"Oh look who's here? Miss Loner has showed up." Omisha said breaking my cast.
"Hey!" I said not knowing what to do or say. So like always, I moved towards the best desk, kept my bag there, took out my novel and exit the class. Goes to the trash the new me!

With the book in my hand, I head towards the junior wing corridor. The teachers park there cars here. So it's mostly silent. I sit on the stairs there and continue with my reading. This place has been my solace in school for the longest time. 5 minutes before the zero period starts, I head back to my class where our new class teacher,
Ms. Nilakshi Valecha is waiting for us.

After our attendance and introduction, we were told about the clubs. Since this was 12th class, all our leisure periods were removed like music, drama, sports, art, etcetra. Now they were subjects. So the clubs were introduced.

" Students, you will all have two continuous club periods on Fridays. These are the forms, look at the clubs and fill up the one you want to join."

Hmm. Club. Let's look at it.

Art .... Nah.. Ruksana ma'am is too rude.. istg
Sports.... Nope.. not a field person
Band ... Not my cup of tea
Music... No. Neeta ma'am is soul sister of Ruksana ma'am in rudeness
Dance... I can't do that

Now remains library and drama. It's simple, I can choose library and read there silently. But I also need to get out of my comfort zone. So maybe I can choose drama. It can surely help me get out of my shell. Plus point, he will be there. I admit I have ignored his presence in the class today like plague but I still like when he is near me. So it is decided. Drama Club it is.

----------------------------♡---------------------------

Word Count - 1162 words

Thank you all for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed. Please vote and comment your feedbacks.

Love,
Avya