An Invite or a Declaration?

Later the same night....

~Yami POV~

Despite being a spirit, even spirits can have dreams...

*(!) This place... It looks as if I'm in a desert gorge. Is this Egypt?

As I walk down, I notice someone walking farther then me. When I try to catch up, I notice certain details to this person. Her long red hair and black sweater told me immediately who this was. Then I notice architecture on the walls, from statues to surrounding stairs. All surrounding a center where it looked like to be ritual stand.

Kyra!

I run up to catch up to her, and I start to see there's a stone carving up ahead. The stone carving was standing in the center. Kyra stops before it, and looks up to it.

"Kyra! Kyra, I've been looking for you, everyone--", Yami.

Before I could finish my sentence, I start to take a closer look at the carving she's looking at. It was a woman holding up a staff, and above the staff was a large creature taking up half of the stone.

It was then a shadow crept up from under the carving and molded to Kyra's shadow. Slowly, the shadows started to absorb her from her feet, and she did nothing as it continued.

"K-Kyra? What's happening?", Yami.

She then looked back to me, her expression showed as if she was compliant with what was happening to her.

"It's time, Yami.", Kyra.

"Time for what?", Yami.

"Time... to face my destiny. As should you, Yami. Farewell.", Kyra.

The shadows almost had all of her, only her torso was left before she was to disappear.

"Wait, Kyra, please don't go!", Yami.

I tried to reach her hand to pull her back, but she turned to face the stone carving. Before her face disappeared, she truly accepted her fate by closing her eyes as the shadows absorbed her form before my very eyes.

"Kyra, no!!!!", Yami. (!)*

Next thing I knew I woke up in Yugi's room. He was still asleep, and didn't seem to be disturbed from my waking.

*(!) Face my destiny...? But I don't even know what my destiny holds. There's only so much I remember, and yet seeing Kyra standing in front of the stone seemed almost familiar to me. But no matter how much I try to recall the stone carving, it doesn't bring up as a memory.

Is it because I never have seen it before in my past? And what sort of destiny does Kyra have that leads her to that end? The more questions I have, the more I start to worry about what's really waiting for me, and for her. (!)*

The next day...

~Kyra POV~

After seeing the news about Ishizu, and her inviting Kaiba for a private tour, I could hardly sleep that night. The thought of Kaiba learning about the ancient past from Ishizu sent shivers up my spine. If he learned about his ancient past, that means Kaiba will be more involved in the troubles to come, regardless if he believes her or not.

So I just took a walk out in the city today to clear my head, since holding up in that motel room would just make my worries worse. I still had to be careful of Marik's men, the Rare hunters scurrying about, so I still had my black hoodie cloak on for protecting my identity.