The Battle City Tournament Begins!

A week before the tournament...

"How very convenient for us that so many of our targets have gathered together in one place.  Now, my Rare Hunters, go to the town of Domino at once!", Marik.

"Yes, sir.", Rare Hunters.

"It's time to begin the hunt!", Marik.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a week goes by... the day of the tournament arrives.

After checking out of the motel I was previously in, I proceeded to find the next motel before the tournament would begin.  Not knowing how long this would take, I paid for one more week.  Incase this lasts longer than expected, I have a few hideouts around the town I can crash in for a few days until I can go back to the apartment.

On the way to the center of the city, I kept my deck in my hands, holding on to it for comfort and being a confidence booster.  But still not wanting to be out in the open, I stood close to the space between two buildings avoiding the quad area.

While waiting, I checked my jacket pocket for the list I acquired in the early morning.  After my long chat with one of Marik's men in the tournament registration office, I was able to get a list of people Marik and his men were after along with their rare cards for the tournament.  Most of these people's rare cards aren't really something Marik would go out of his way for, there more like a grab to go while achieving his main priority.  But regardless, I'd rather they focus on me as a target than on the duelists having fun in the tournament.

I then take a look at the duel disk Seto made being applied on my wrist.  Taking out the clear card with a tiny image speck in the far-right center.

*(!) Somehow this device makes me feel like he's really close by.  It might not be the case, but yet I can't help but feel this way.

...Or maybe... (!)*

"Greetings, Duelists, welcome to Battle City.", Kaiba.

"Ah!  Kaiba?!", Kyra.

Feeling startled by his voice, I turn around to see where he was.  He's nowhere to be seen, but yet he sounds real close.

"Could he really be real close and yet be invisible?", Kyra.

*(!) For a moment, I really thought he was there and almost had a panic attack. (!)*

A big shadow was then passing by over the city, and when I saw the blimp, sure enough...

"Heh heh heh...", Kaiba.

He was on the huge screen projector on the blimp's side.

"Seto.", Kyra.

"It's time to put your dueling skills to the test.  I hope none of you entered my tournament looking for friendly competition.  Battle City is gonna be an all out war.", Kaiba.

"Oh, you have no idea.", Kyra.  

"Before my Battle City Tournament begins, I thought I'd let you all know what you're in for, incase you want to back out now.  Let's begin with my new duel disks.  Everyone who I decided was good enough to enter received one, with it you can duel anytime, anywhere, and they contain a tracking chip that allows me to watch every move you make.", Kaiba.

"Huh?!", Kyra.

*(!) No way...!  So that means, he'll know what cards I use whenever I duel someone?!  Unless he truly knows about my Blue-Eyes card, I have to be extra careful of when I use it as well as making sure not to lose it. (!)*

He proceeds to put his deck into the deck holder of the disk.

"Next, let's talk about the most important tournament rule.  The loser of each duel is required to fork over their rarest card to the winner.  If you don't have the guts to risk losing your precious cards, then I suggest you forfeit now.", Kaiba.