intro.

- cover photo is mine.
- lowercase is intentional.
- title is from "light a flame" by seventeen.
- © eternalflameyuto 2022/2023.

this is only a seventeen fanfiction; it is not meant to portray the members accurately in any way. this is purely fictional, and anything that resembles real life or something from another story is purely coincidental.

warnings include:
- minor swearing.
- crime.

please take note when reading.

disclaimer: i don't know how law or crime works so, uh, bear with me through all of these inaccuracies.

firstly, this is inherently a crime au, but it has a chinese mythology twist because that's what i do. sì xiōng is the four perils. the blessings are sort of like opposite counterparts of them in a way. the four symbols are animals that are connected to another thing called wu xing, which has to do with the cardinal directions, colours, seasons, the chinese elements, etc. (mentioned in "sun & moon") the concept of yin and yang also plays a part.

secondly, this fic will be significantly lighter than the previous one. the writing style and format are different from the rest, too. when i was writing the original draft in 2022, i'd been bias wrecked by wonwoo during the summer comeback ("hot"/'face the sun'), so he's the original 'main' character, but i decided that i was actually going to have four or five main characters to finish out the story. so, uh, please bear with me on that.

i hope you enjoy!