six ; all my love.

WONWOO

wonwoo watches as mingyu tries to squeeze through the crowd to get back to his side. even though the younger is so tall, he's not assertive enough to simply push his way through the throng of people. wonwoo is very bemused; the sight is a little ridiculous. mingyu huffs when he finally gets through, taking a long sip of his drink. wonwoo picks up one of the mandu from the plate the younger deposited in front of him.

"you've got to be more aggressive," wonwoo tells mingyu playfully. contrary to their personalities (mingyu being flirty and wonwoo subdued), it's mingyu who has trouble being mean to people. wonwoo, on the other hand, has no problem. if he doesn't like someone, they'll know. "just push through them. you're tall enough that people will probably move out of your way anyway."

"i know," mingyu replies, "but it just feels so wrong."

"whatever." wonwoo shakes his head, a fond smile on his lips. "about tonight, what did you want to do?"

"honestly? i kinda just want to eat dinner at home—maybe drink a little—and then go to sleep."

"that's...so boring." it's funny how wonwoo's the one who is thinking about doing something while mingyu doesn't want to. it's always been the other way around. "you don't want to, i don't know, go out?"

"not really. not today, at least. i just want to have a quiet night in with you." mingyu sends him a lazy grin.

wonwoo's shoulders lift upwards. "all right, then." he won't argue because that's exactly what he wants as well. and to be honest, getting drunk and having no consequences sounds delightful. the only part he dreads is the hangover, but that's a problem for later. "let's go home, then."

there's a hidden stash of western liquor amongst the bottles upon bottles of soju they have. the western liquor is unfamiliar but stronger, so it's easier to get drunk off. when they return to their little house tucked away in the woods, vernon and chan are already drinking, and seungcheol is nowhere to be found.

"what's going on here?" wonwoo asks as he takes his shoes off by the front door.

"we were just hanging out," vernon says from his spot on the floor, "but it'd be cool if you wanted to join us. we haven't been playing for long, so neither of us is very drunk yet."

bottled soju covers the table, only leaving a clearing for the cards spread out before them. from what wonwoo can tell, the two are playing hearts.

"what do you think?" he questions mingyu.

"sounds like fun."

they join at the beginning of the next game, and the loosely set rules are told to them. "every time you lose a round, you have to drink half a bottle," chan explains. "and to add to it, the winner of the round gets to choose a second loser to drink the other half."

"why'd you choose hearts?" mingyu wonders.

both vernon and chan have the same expression, and wonwoo realises it's embarrassment when chan says, "um. neither of us actually knows how to play poker."

wonwoo accidentally lets out a loud laugh. "sorry, sorry. that's just a funny reason not to play."

somehow, it's vernon who's not particularly great at the game. wonwoo isn't shocked by mingyu (he's far too eager and impatient), but vernon is more similar to wonwoo than chan is. wonwoo plays by instinct rather than trying to win or be entertaining, but vernon seems to get easily flustered and sort of panics, and chan just laughs at him. and it doesn't help that throughout the night, they all get progressively drunker.