As the eerie organ music filled the ballroom, Star aimlessly wandered through the crowd, her eyes drawn to the mesmerizing spectacle of the Blood Moon.

Unbeknownst to her, Marco, wearing a mustached skull mask, followed closely behind, desperately trying to get her attention. "Star! Star!" Marco shouted urgently, reaching out to grab her hand, but in the crowd of demons, he accidentally grabbed Tom's hand instead, pulling him closer.

The light of the Blood Moon suddenly shone upon them, enveloping them in its ethereal glow. Marco and Tom locked eyes, a moment of confusion passing between them. Tom's heart raced, feeling a strange connection he couldn't explain. Marco, still unaware of his mistake, felt a flutter of something unfamiliar stirring within him. As the enchanting power of the Blood Moon intensified, the world around them seemed to fade away. 

The air crackled with an undeniable energy, drawing Marco and Tom closer together. They were caught in a dance, guided by forces beyond their control. Marco's heart pounded in his chest as he held Tom's hand, feeling a warmth spreading through him that he couldn't deny. Tom's eyes, once filled with anger, softened as he stared back at Marco, a flicker of a different emotion in his gaze.Their dance became a delicate balance of tension and attraction, their movements fluid and mesmerizing. The connection between them grew stronger with each step, the line between all the demons blurring in the moonlit ballroom. Meanwhile, Star, lost in the enchantment of the Blood Moon, twirled and swayed, her thoughts consumed by the atmosphere. Unbeknownst to her, Marco and Tom continued their dance, their steps echoing the tumultuous journey they had been on together. In that fleeting moment, their animosity transformed into something more profound— a connection that defied expectations

As the music reached the end, Marco finally realized his mistake

Star's eyes widened in disbelief as she observed the bewildering spectacle before her. Amidst the chaos, she instantly recognized the unmistakable sombrero. However, what truly puzzled her was the unexpected sight of Marco dancing with her ex-boyfriend, Tom. Determined to understand this bizarre situation, she swiftly made her way towards them, her hand firmly grasping Marco's arm as she forcefully pulled him away from the bewildering scene.

Tom's heart sank as he watched Star pull This mysterious guy away, breaking their unexpected connection. Confusion and disappointment washed over him, leaving him unsure of what to do next. The reality of the situation hit him. Star was meant to be his dance partner!, not this mysterious guy? And why was star pulling him away? Tom tried to shake off his lingering feelings and composed himself, determined to salvage the evening. He made his way through the crowd, searching for Star and Marco, but they had disappeared in amongst all the demons.

The demon-pulled elevator appears within flames and flies up to Star's balcony back at the Diaz household Star, holding her boots, and Marco step out. Star looked at Marco with concern in her eyes, her voice filled with a mixture of confusion and worry. "Marco, you are infuriating!, what were you doing? Why was you dancing with Tom?!?" she asked, her tone both demanding and curious.

Marco, slightly breathless from the dance and the surge of emotions, tried to find the right words. He looked into Star's eyes, his voice filled with a mix of sincerity and realization. "I I didn't mean to grab Tom's hand. It was a mistake. But something happened, Star. When the light of the Blood Moon shone upon us, I felt this... connection. It's hard to explain," he confessed, his voice filled with genuine surprise and a hint of vulnerability.

"Sooooo you are saying that the Blood Moon brought you and Tom together in some way?" Star asked, her voice filled with a mixture of skepticism and intrigue.

Marco nodded, his gaze never wavering from Star's. "Yes, it was like we were connected, even if it was just for a moment. I felt something I've never felt before, and I think Tom did too... I saw the way he looked at me." he explained, his voice tinged with wonder.

"Are you sure, Marco? I mean, it's Tom? , I thought you said guys like Tom never change?" Star questioned, her voice filled with genuine curiosity and a hint of hope.

Marco's eyes searched Star's face for understanding. He took a deep breath, trying to sort through the whirlwind of emotions inside him. "I don't know, Star. I've never felt this way before, and I can't deny the strange pull I felt towards Tom during that dance. Maybe it's the Blood Moon's magic playing tricks on us, or maybe it's something deeper," he replied, his voice filled with uncertainty.

Tom felt an intense need to uncover the identity of this individual. How dare he presumptuously seize his hand like that? Furthermore, why did Star abruptly whisk him away? This infuriated Tom, as he demanded immediate explanations. In an effort to regain composure, Tom gently stroked Marshmallow.  As he ran his fingers over its plush surface, a sense of tranquility washed over him, soothing his frayed emotions. Determined to uncover the truth, Tom resolved to confront Star and seek answers regarding the mysterious individual and his abrupt departure. The following day, he returned to the Echo Creek School, determined to find the answers he sought.

However, when Tom appeared before Star, she mistakenly believed he had returned to flirt with her once again. Unaware of his true intentions, she attempted to push him away.

"I'm not here for you, Star. I simply wanted to inquire about the masked individual I was dancing with before you forcefully pulled them away," Tom stated, leaving Star in a state of utter astonishment.

Unable to contain his curiosity any longer, Marco approached Tom cautiously, his heart pounding with a mix of nerves and anticipation. He cleared his throat, trying to find the right words to bridge the gap between them.

"Hey, Tom. Can we talk for a moment?" Marco asked, his voice laced with sincerity. Tom glanced at Marco, his eyes narrowing slightly with suspicion. "What do you want, Diaz?" he replied, his voice guarded. Marco took a deep breath, gathering his courage. "I wanted to apologize for the confusion at the ball. I never meant to grab your hand; it was a mistake. But during that dance, something... happened. I felt a connection, and I think you did too. Tom's eyes widened with surprise, his guard momentarily slipping. "Wait it was you?" he muttered, almost to himself.

Star watched their interaction, her eyes widening with surprise and a hint of excitement. The thought of her best friend and her ex-boyfriend forming a connection was unexpected, but she couldn't deny the intensity that had sparked between them.

Tom's initial surprise slowly gave way to a mixture of emotions: curiosity, uncertainty, and a glimmer of hope. He had always believed that he and Marco were destined to be enemies, their paths intertwined in conflict. But now, faced with the possibility of something more, he couldn't ignore the pull he felt deep within his heart. "We were selected to be soul-bound, I can't fathom why it had to be you," Tom whispered, his voice barely audible. Marco nodded, his expression mirroring Tom's vulnerability. "It must mean something.., It was like the world shifted in that moment, and suddenly, all the animosity between us didn't matter. I saw a different side of you, Tom. "Tom's eyes softened, his fiery demeanor momentarily fading away. "I've undergone a profound change, Marco. I've been actively working on self-improvement, releasing the grip of my anger. The fact that it chose both of us... It reinforces my belief that there's a deeper connection between us."

A brief silence hung in the air as they both let their words sink in. Star, unable to contain her excitement any longer, stepped forward, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

Star, sensing the tension in the air, couldn't help but grin. "Well, well, well. Looks like the Blood Moon has worked its magic on you two," she teased, her voice laced with excitement.

Marco blushed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and anticipation. "Star, this is serious. We need to figure out what this means and where we go from here," he said, his voice filled with determination. Tom nodded in agreement, his gaze still fixed on Marco. "He's right, Star. This isn't something we can simply ignore. If the Blood Moon has brought us together, there must be a reason," he stated, his voice tinged with newfound hope. Tom looked at Marco, a newfound determination in his eyes. "I want to understand this connection between us, Marco. I want to explore what it means for both of us. Are you willing to do the same?" he asked, his voice filled with earnestness.
Marco met Tom's gaze, his heart pounding in his chest. He took a deep breath and offered a tentative smile. "Yeah, Tom. I am. Let's figure this out together," he replied, his voice laced with a mix of excitement and nervousness.