angel pt.1 (fast x) - regie <3

lowercase intended

okay so this song features jimin of bts, nle choppa, muni long, jvke, and kodak black

im honestly so in love with this song and the lyrics just reminded me of regie bro, in a good way of course

"angel, dont fly so close to me. ill pull you down eventually. you dont wanna lose those wings. people like me break beautiful things."

regie was always referred to as the "hoe" of the group, because although he was very sweet and funny, he most certainly wasn't the type to settle down for one girl

" angel, dont fly so close to me. im what you want, not what you need. you dont wanna lose those wings. people like me break beautiful things."

but y/n had fallen in love with regie after them being best friends for at least 5 years. she wanted him so badly but she knew he was bad for her

" i give it all up to ease yo pain. yeah, i would do that all day. i step back from the game to keep you out of harms way. would risk it all for the game , but it take more than one person. two people, one til i feel the same when you hurtin. i was still in middle school when givens had fled the whip." (splittinh kodak's verse into two parts cause its alot to type😭)

although regie never knew y/n was in love with him, it hurt him seeing her hurt over some dumbass dude, which at the time he didnt know was himself, who was too busy fucking bitches and hoeing around to see how amazing his best friend was.

"dude. y/n is smart, genuine, caring, funny, and very beautiful. so ANYONE and i mean, ANYONE would be luck to have her" regie said to oliver as they talked about the poor girl and her mystery boy

"bodies were droppin before we ever knew bout the truck. we gone be family no matter what way this go brother, from the ugly corner where everybody betray each other. i let you hang in them jets. i let you bang with my set. put you before my own flesh. like why'd I help and do that? me and the streets got soul ties. the devil on my shoulder, he whisper but i told him.."

a while back while the two were juniors in highschool they both promised each other to not let ANYTHING get in between their friendship. whether that be a boy, a girl, drama, lies, etc, and they promised each other that they would always keep this promise. and surprisingly, the two best friends actually really did keep their promise to each other, the two were practically unstoppable once they were together, but it was also very chaotic, a good kind of chaotic though.

"angel, dont fly so close to me. ill pull you down eventually. you dont wanna lose those wings. people like me break beautiful things. angel, dont fly so close to me. im what you want, not what you need. you dont wanna lose those wings. people like me break beautiful things."

like i said, regie never knew that you loved him, romantically, that is, until you confessed to him on your birthday. you only did it because you were so tired of pretending you only liked him as a friend and you were tired of not telling him and him not knowing how you felt for the LONGEST.

flashback to your birthday

you were celebrating your birthday at the boys' house because they threw you a surprise party, and you had just told regie to meet you alone in his room so you could confess. you of course were there waiting for him, then he showed up in the doorway looking as good as ever, which made you smile a bit.