Pain

Dan came crashing into the glass shower, glass shattered all over the floor and his body causing multiple cuts to form.  There was a loud slap sound echoing in the room.  Blood oozed out from all over, trickling on the floor, He felt immense fear and felt himself starting to go unconscious.  Dan bounced off the glass and onto the floor aggressively causing extreme pain in his arm, leg, back, stomach and head.  Basically everywhere.

Dan could barely form the words out of his mouth, blood drooled out as he spoke. "J-J-J-Jo-Joo- Aheh- Agh! Pl-Ease.*hiccup* st-"

"SHUT IT!" Joo screamed.  Tears welled up in Dans eyes and befroe he could stop it, they came pouring out.

"J-joo..S-sir-*sniffles* pl-please calm dOwn.." His voice was squeaky and high pitched and quiet from crying.  Joo was about to violently smack him again, but when Kim Dan spoke those pathetic words he froze.  He hand still in the air. "pl-Please-" and Dan couldn't take it anymore. He broke down sobbing.  He flinched and his arm was covered over his head to protect himself and he stayed in that defensive positon and then..

Nothing

Kim dan felt nothing, he cautiously, hesitantly lowered his arms from his head and looked up at Joo, breaking his stance. Jaekyungs expression was angry, his eyebrows perched and his jaw clenched,  But when he saw Kim Dan look up at him with those watery eyes and bruised, bloody face, he froze.  His hand stood in the air, in a hitting position, but not moving.  His facial expressions softened.  His body relaxed, he unclenched his jaw and his gaze relaxed.

Jaekyung took a deep exhale and took a look around the damaged room with all the blood splattered everywhere and glass shards laying around.

He put his hand down and opened his jaw about to talk, but he closed it after. "Fucking hell..Haa..your pathetic.". Was all he murmured with his hands on his hips before just..leaving him. He stormed out of the bathroom angrily, slamming the door shut.

Dan let out a huge sigh of relief when he walked out that door but he also felt confusion. Why did he just soften up like that? did he..feel sorry for him..? No- absolutely no way in hell he would ever feel sorry for him. He probably just felt exhausted and tired of him

Whatever, aside from that, Dan just knew that he had to apologize and gain and earn Joos- well not respect back, but just basic human interaction without him wanting to beat him up.

He still laid there shaking, heavy breathing probably loud enough for the whole penthouse to hear. He was still trying to process what the fuck just happened and what was going to happen next. He laid his head back and just laid there for a sec, catching his breath.

He was trembling and shaking, he looked down to see his body and slowly removed his shirt with his shaky fingers.  There was blood. Lots of it.  Red stained his skinny pale torso along with purple and brownish bruises.  There were finger prints on his neck from when Jaekyung choked him, he cringed thinking about it. It was so terrifying, he lost all his air and for a moment he really thought he wouldn't make it.  He hated the fear, he hated seeing the cuts and the bruises, the fact that he had flashbacks to the loan sharks, the trauma..

But what he really, really, hated the most, was the fact that he still didn't hate Jaekyung.