-Chapter One

Meeting Rosalind Dyer

As her eyes peeled open,the buzzing sound of Adelaide's ringing phone continued.She unfolded  her arm and grabbed her phone,pulling it straight to her ear not even checking who it was before answering it.

"Hello?" She answered the phone,her eyes returning to their closed position as she brought a hand up to cover her face.

"Hey,sorry to call so early.Grey needs you at the station today.It's a big case and we need your help" her sister spoke through the phone and Adelaide opened her eyes,squinting at the bright,daylight shining through her bedroom window.

"Yeah.Of Course.I'll be there soon" Adelaide agreed before putting down the phone to her sister.

She climbed out of bed with a groan and walked over to her closet where she grabbed out a pair of dark grey jeans,a black long sleeve top and began getting herself ready for the day.

Once she had made her way to the station,Adelaide was greeted by her sister as she was enveloped in a warm hug.

"So nobody knows i'm here today?" Adelaide asked as they walked down the halls.
"Not yet.Grey's gonna announce it in roll call" Angela informed her.
"Lucky me" Adelaide joked before entering Sargeant Grey's office,leaving her sister to prepare for her day of work.

"Morning,Adelaide" Grey greeted from his seat at his desk.
"Good Morning Grey,So what can i do for you?" Adelaide smiled as she took a seat opposite him.

Sargeant Grey filled her in on what they had on the Rosalind Dyer case so far before it was time for Roll call.
"Okay,settle down.For those of you who don't know,This is Dr Adelaide Lopez who will be supporting us throughout this case.

Adelaide scanned the room,noticing a few familiar faces giving her friendly smiles,especially the beaming smile she recognised only as Tim Bradford.

"Lopez will be using her skills to try keep us ahead of Rosalind at all times" Grey started
"Sir,i- what kind of skills are you talking about?" One of the new faces questioned as Adelaide watched her.Grey nodded for Adelaide to explain so she cleared her throat and took a breath.

"Well,i am a trained psychologist.Meaning i can read peoples emotions based on their facial expressions,body language,vocals and all that fun stuff.It's always a little harder reading people with psychopathic or sociopathic traits but i am good at what i do so hopefully i can help with the case" She explained as all eyes were on her and The rookie beamed at her before nodding.

"Okay.Get to work everyone" Grey spoke and everyone left to attend to their appointed jobs.
Adelaide watched as everyone left,leaving only a few of them in the room.Her eyes locked onto a particularly familiar face as he walked towards her,a smile covering his face.

"Bradford" She smiled as he wrapped her in a warm hug.
"Hey,Addi" He greeted and Adelaide chuckled.

She had always been called 'Addi' by Tim and Angela,it was just their thing but she didn't mind it.

"I haven't seen you in ages" Tim spoke as he pulled away from her and Adelaide nodded.
"Yeah.I was working with a station down in Arizona for a while.I just got back last week" she smiled.

"Its crazy that this case is still going" Adelaide spoke as her and Tim walked down the hall.
"I know.I worked one of the scenes.Fourth Victim,Lisa Cruz.Homicide detectives warned me not to look at the body.Should've listened" Tim contributed.

"Adelaide" a voice interrupts them.Adelaide turns her head and looks over to see a guy she met over at a bar the night before.
"Uh...hey" she replied awkwardly