6.

Unfortunately I hadn't seen Harry for the rest of the day. Liam told me he'd find Harry and show him the best spot to sit during practice. I invited Niall too but he had plans with his girlfriend.

"You need to shut your mouth El." I could hear Zayne raising his voice from around the corner.

Wait...Zayne? I round the corner and slow my steps. They seem to be having a disagreement. Funny I didn't know they really talked at all.

"Is that so? Funny coming to defense for a guy you don't even know." She challenged back.

I watched as he stepped toward her. "I know him better than probably anyone. I know that he has never once done what you're claiming and as for how well I know him...how well do you? Do you know the scrawny kid who wore glasses? The one who spent so many years becoming the footie player he is. The one who sang and danced around his bedroom to fucking pop music. The one who struggled the most in finding himself out of all 5 of us!" He was yelling now. "I DON'T THINK SO EL! So kindly shut your mouth."

I reach them at that point. She had looked over his shoulder at me and her eyes were constantly moving between me and Zayne. He turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Zayne. Eleanor." I greet them both. "What's up?" I look from one to the other.

"Nothing." Eleanor states. Zayne scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Mm." I turn to Zayne. "Come on. Can't be late to practice."

I walk down to the end of the hall and into the locker room. Eleanor disappears after rolling her eyes at Zayne. We are the last to arrive so everyone heads out to the field before us. Surprisingly Nick is rather nice and waves at my direction. As I grab my sneakers from the locker after putting my vans in I sense him behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him chewing his lip.

"Everything okay Zayne?"

"How'd we get here? To Zayne and Louis instead of Z and LouLou?"

I shrug. "Grown up I guess. Drifted apart. It happens."

"We promised it wouldn't. It was Zouis against the world at one point." He sighs.

I close my eyes as I tie my shoe. He was right. We used to prank the other boys and dance to Spice Girls in my room. We used to have so many inside jokes that no one else would get. We buried a time capsule of sorts in my backyard.

"Zouis." I whisper. "People change. Things happen."

He nods. "You had Liam still. Harry had Niall. Who did I have?"

I scrunch my eyes closed. "You had me until you started in with Nick."

He half laughed. "You never realized it did you?" I look over at him. "I was never friends with him. Friends close enemies closer. Ever wonder how he always got in trouble with Cowell? He only went to tell him about you bullying him. I went and told Cowell about what he'd do to you and Harry."

"I never did realize. I thought Cowell just figured out we fought each other."

He shakes his head. "I'm glad you and Harry talked things out. It should have happened years ago. I mean you two made out on a single bed and felt each other up for fucks sake."

"What? We...I...we..." I'm stuttering now. Great. Lovely.

He laughs. "You think I was asleep? I was texting Amber."

"But...when he left...he stepped on you."

He nods. "He did right on me wrist. Hurt like hell. You had no idea?"

I shake my head. "You...knew." He nods. "I was afraid Zayne."

"I know. Like you said people grow up. You just had to grow a little bit to be able to see the boy I already knew. The flamboyant, happy, beautiful, hyper, impulsive, strong Louis Tomlinson I've always known." He stands up and heads for the field. "You coming? Got a mop haired boy to impress eh?"