Chapter four

Princess Kaitlyn was outraged and confused. Harold knew she was innocent, but he was still taking her downtown.

"Harold, what are you doing? You know I'm innocent" said Princess Kaitlyn with confusion. "Don't worry, I won't keep you in the cell for long. I'll keep you in there for a few minutes, then I'll let you out" replied Harold. Princess Kaitlyn liked his planning, and kept quiet.

Soon, they arrived at the police station. Princess Kaitlyn was immediately thrown into a cell, then she was left alone. She was left in the cell for at least a few minutes, but her waiting was all over once she noticed Harold coming to the cell. "Come on, Kaitlyn! We need to go!" said Harold, his voice filled with fear. "What's wrong?" asked Princess Kaitlyn, but they had no time to lose.

Harold unlocked the cell quickly, then he grabbed Princess Kaitlyn's arm and ran for his life. "Here's your bag back" said Harold as he gave Princess Kaitlyn her bag back, then they ran faster than a cheetah. They kept running until they reached the weapon room, then Harold tossed Princess Kaitlyn a pistol with a few packs of ammo.

After they loaded themselves up with weapons and ammo, Harold explained that the police station has been invaded by infected, so they had to get to the key room to get the key to the front door. Princess Kaitlyn was always just a little bit faster than the other officers, but Harold was the only other officer besides Doggy to keep up with her. Harold and Princess Kaitlyn kept running, until they finally reached the key room. Harold quickly searched through the millions of keys to find the exit key. Finally, Harold found the key, "Ah-ha!" exclaimed Harold as he held the key in his hand, then they took off towards the exit door.

"We're almost there, Harold!" said Princess Kaitlyn with hope in her voice. When she reached the door, she waited for Harold to open it. However he wasn't walking to the door, but when Princess Kaitlyn looked behind her, she was met with a horrible sight. Harold was being attacked by a group of infected! "Harold!" yelled Princess Kaitlyn, tears forming in her eyes and a few falling off her cheek. She never thought she would see her work partner being killed right in front of her. "Go!" yelled Harold, but Princess Kaitlyn refused to leave without him. "No! I can't leave you!" yelled Princess Kaitlyn, but Harold didn't agree with her, so he tossed her the exit key and even his badge.

Princess Kaitlyn took one look at the badge, then one last look at her old friend. "Run, Kaitlyn! And don't look back!" yelled Harold. And this time, Princess Kaitlyn listened. She took the key and the badge, then ran for her life. She kept running, until she was sure no infected could find her, so she took the time to rest next to a tree. Tears streamed down her face as the terrifying scene played back over and over again in her head. She was now all alone again, or at least she thought.

Suddenly, she heard a noise coming from somewhere. Princess Kaitlyn had always had amazing hearing, which was a good thing when you're alone under a tree. She tried to locate the sound, but the other sounds around her like the wind, the tree leaves, and even very far water drops distracted her from finding the location of the sound. Princess Kaitlyn tried her best to concentrate on the one sound, until she finally located the sound, it was from the bushes. She crept towards the bushes, until someone sprung out from the bush. Anyone could recognize the face from anywhere, it was Officer Doggy!

"Doggy? What are you doing here?" Asked Princess Kaitlyn, then she smiled at the thought that she was now with someone she knew. "Detective Kaitlyn, how nice. Do what do I owe the pleasure?" Asked Doggy, "I'm here about this virus going around. It attacked my kingdom, so I'm here to stop it" replied Princess Kaitlyn with boldness in her voice. Doggy smiled at her. "So, you have your own kingdom now? I'm impressed" said Doggy, "thanks. But as a Princess, it's my job to make sure my people are safe" said Princess Kaitlyn. "I believe I can help you. Just come with me and we'll hop into my car" said Doggy, and Princess Kaitlyn was not about to say no to a ride in a car.

When they reached his car, Doggy helped her get in, like the gentleman he was. During the drive, Doggy asked many questions. Like, "how is it being a Princess" or "what else did you do ever since leaving Lucella?". It felt nice to have a normal-ish conversation with someone she knew, and since all the horrible stuff was going on, she wanted nothing more than a friend with her at all times.