02 : Is it only about the duke ?

✦❘༻༺❘✦

✦❘༻༺❘✦

Ivy felt foolish.

She had married someone else, years had passed, yet, the simple sight of the prince who looked like he came straight out of a novel was enough to put her in this state, borderline hyperventilating in the powder room, incapable of coming back out.

She could feel the tears build up in her eyes, but she contained herself, not wanting to raise any suspicions.

Hearing his name was fine, after all, he was the Prince Royal, it was normal.

Seeing his face however, was a complete different story.

If they just danced under the moonlight, it would've been fine, her heart wouldn't feel so tight at the sight of his face.

But much more than that happened.

Way much more..

Flashback

"Your Royal Highness, I'm not quite sure that this is appropriate."

Over the next few days after the first ball of the season, as expected, dozens of men hurried to the Hapsburg estate, trying to impress the Duke, his wife, their sons and of course their prized daughter and sister, but so far, none of them was good enough for the country's jewel.

Either they weren't promising enough, or they were too old, not good-looking enough, or simply, the Duke and the Duchess didn't like them.

Sure, a Duke wasn't the most important person in the kingdom after His Majesty the King, but that was an opportunity to assess their power.

Their daughter was the most sought after young lady of the season, they couldn't let it go to waste.

What wasn't expected, however, was prince Jimin showing up under Ivy's window in the middle of the night.

Greatly surprised, she swiftly came down to the gardens of the Hapsburg estate in the comfort of her white nightgown, trying her best to not be seen by anyone, especially since when she first opened the window, the first thing he did was pressing his index against his lips.

Luckily for him, Ivy Hapsburg was a light sleeper, so a pebble against her window was enough to wake her up.

"Why not ?" He asked, offering a smile as he looked at her and down. "Are you already betrothed to someone, miss Hapsburg ?"

Her eyebrows raised at his question.

Surely, Prince Jimin wouldn't court her.

After all, as the Prince Royal, he was to marry a princess from a foreign country to solidify political relations.

So why would her availability matter to him ?

"I am not, however, I do not believe that I am in the proper attire to address His Royal Highness." She answered, visibly embarassed.