March 7th - Let's Take a Photo!

Requested by @TheDerpMan

Sorry if this isn't exactly what you wanted!

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The Astral Express crew were certainly a busy bunch.

From sealing stellarons to saving planets, there was barely any time to rest. But it was times like now when you could finally relax by yourself.

Well...almost.

March 7th was undoubtedly one of the most reckless girls you've ever met, energetic and bubbly, she was like a boundless ball of energy. From the moment you first stepped onto the Astral Express, the girl had already struck up a conversation.

At first, you felt a bit overwhelmed by such an extrovert, but you got used to it eventually. Over time, you even found it endearing. You learned that there was more to than meets the eye and started hanging out with her.

So here you were, on a rare break in the Astral Express with none other than the famous March 7th.

"Now that we finally have a break, I'm not really sure what to do." She rolled over on her bed, wrapping herself in the blanket. "I had a whole list of things to do, but now I'm not so sure."

"Let me see the list." You took the piece of paper from her desk before turning around. Settling down into March's egg chair, you skimmed through everything written down. She had listed quite a number of activities, you noted, and they all seemed to get more exotic the more you read.

"Bungee jumping...?" You read aloud, raising an incredulous eyebrow.

Her eyes suddenly widened before flushing in embarrassment with a pout. "It sounded like fun!"

You shook your head before smiling. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Hey!" March said with a huff, getting out of her blanket burrito to snatch the list back from you. "I didn't say we had to do this stuff!"

"Sorry, sorry." You put your hands up in surrender. "The things on there are just interesting, is all."

"We finally have some time to ourselves..." March glanced at her wall of screens, different photos from adventures switching through. "I just want to have some fun with you, y'know?"

"March..." You smiled taking the list from her hands and placing it back down onto her desk. You swivelled around with a smile as you looped your arm around hers. 

"We have all the time in the world together, let's just have some fun!" Beaming, you dragged her out of her room and into the parlor car.

Pompom looked at you quizzically, wondering why you were the one dragging March around for a change. 

"Pompom!" You called out to the little conductor. "Can you gather everyone here, please?"

He looked a bit confused but agreed, nonetheless. "What are you up to, Maki?"

"Nothing~" You smiled cheekily, looking at a very confused March beside you.

"Maki, what are we-?"

"Can everyone on the Express please gather in the parlor car. I repeat, can everyone on the Express please gather in the parlor car." Pompom's cute voice rang through the speakers on the Express, causing everyone to look up quizzically. 

After a few minutes, everyone was gathered in the parlor car with the same confused look.

"Maki." You turned around to see Dan heng's indifferent expression. "What is this about?"

"Now, now, Dan heng." Himeko mused from the parlor sofas behind him. "I'm sure Maki has a reason for gathering us all here."

He turned with a sigh, sitting on the sofa opposite her.

"Thank you for coming here, everyone!" You announced with a large smile, throwing your arm over March's shoulder and pulling her closer. 

"Since we have a break, I thought of a little something for us all to do together! Don't worry, it won't take long."

Although she loved how happy you were, March found it a bit odd how enthusiastic you were at whatever you were planning. You turned to her with a cheeky grin.

"Let's take a photo!"

Surprise dawned on everyone. Dan heng didn't argue, Welt found it interesting and Himeko could only chuckle at your childish behaviour. March gaped at you in surprise before beaming. 

She clapped her hands in excitement before bouncing on her heels. "A photo with everyone will be so much fun! C'mon everyone, get into positions!"

Himeko and Welt glanced at each other before smiling, standing beside each other in front of the sofas. Dan heng was about to turn and go back to the archives, but March pushed him back into position.

Pompom was situated in the middle, you and March were on either side of him, Dan heng was next to March, and Himeko and Welt were beside you.

March quickly left to set the timer on her camera in front of all of you, racing back to her position in time. "Everyone say cheese!"

"Cheese!"

You and March kneeled beside Pompom, both of you holding up peace signs with beaming smiles. Himeko and Welt certainly had more reserved smiles, Dan heng not smiling at all, but he held up a peace sign nonetheless.

"Thank you, everyone!" You waved everyone off while they all went back to their respective rooms.

"That was fun." March smiled, looping her arm around yours and plopping back down onto the parlor seat.

"See?" You answered with a grin. "Sometimes you don't need to do something big to make it fun."

"The bungee jumping was a joke!" She lightly slapped your arm, making you both burst into giggles.

March gazed up at the whale chandelier and softly smiled, holding the picture of everyone high above your heads. "But yeah, this was really fun."

"We should do this again sometime."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment." - Robert Frank.