Pela - Same Way

Requested by Rxtaliat1on

Sorry it came out late! I've been a bit busy studying.

There will be a part 2!

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Pela, Pela!" You called out to your best friend. It caught her attention and she turned around to see your smiling face. Even if you called out her name in the middle of Qlipoth Fort, she didn't seem to mind.

"Maki! What are you doing here?" She immediately abandoned the pile of paper she was holding, setting it down on a desk and making her way to you.

"It's been a while, I just wanted to see you." You bounced on your heels, blushing a bit at Pela's wide smile.

You and Pela had been friends since you were little, you always had a sweet relationship between the two of you. However recently, you've grown a few feelings since you've both grown up a little. From the way she would smile every time she saw you, or when she would lie in your lap after a long day at the Silvermane Guards, those little things just seemed to grow on you.

Even if you tried your best not to make it obvious, Serval had already picked up on your feelings. She tried to pressure you to confess but you were too stubborn.

"Oh, right! Serval was wondering if you were free to rehearse for Mechanical Fever stuff tomorrow."

Pela acknowledged your words with a hum, skimming through the stacks of paper on her desk. 

You frowned. "You're not too busy with work again, are you? Pel, we talked about this."

"No, no." She absentmindedly dismissed you, still scanning through her work. "I should be free..."

After she was silent for a while, you softly flicked her forehead, causing her to yelp and hold her head in shock. "C'mon, Pel! It's been forever since the entire band's been able to hang out all together. Lynx is free, too!"

Pela sighed, reluctantly placing the stack of papers down. "...Fine."

"Huzzah!" You cheered, swinging an arm around her shoulder and pulling her out of Qlipoth Fort. "Anyways, I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat!"

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

"This is so yummy!" You grinned, taking another spoonful of the rye bread soda iceberg. Pela hummed in agreement as you took your spoon and fed her. "Say aaah~"

She flushed in embarrassment but complied anyway, shivering slightly from the cold snack.

"I think I might have a bit of a brain freeze..." Pela groaned, holding her head in her hands.

"You have ice powers!"

She rolled her eyes. "That doesn't change anything."

"Yes, it does!"

"It really doesn't."

You sighed, gesturing for Pela to come closer. "C'mere."

"Huh? Why?" Even if she was a bit confused, she leaned in anyway.

You snickered before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "There! All better!"

"H-HUH?!" Pela immediately turned a million shades of red, holding the place you kissed. "Wh-What'd you do that for?!"

"To make it better, obviously." You giggled, enjoying how flustered it got her. Maybe... "Kissing it makes it better, doesn't it?"

"Not for brain freezes!"

Your gaze turned serious as you looked her in the eyes. "Did you not like it?"

"I did!" She coughed at how quickly she replied. "I-uh-I mean, I didn't not like it..."

You widened your eyes before chuckling. "Do you feel..." You trailed off, blushing at the thought.

"Huh? What was that?" Pela readjusted her glasses before looking at you again. "What did you say?"

"Nothing!"

"Awww, c'mon, Maki!" She whined, taking your arm and shaking it. "Tell me! What did you say?"

"Well..." You closed your eyes before flashing her a cheeky grin. "That's a secret!"

Pela frowned in protest but you just laughed. She quickly started to chase you after you took off sprinting back to Qlipoth Fort. Racing across Belobog, you both just felt like kids again.

After running for a while, you both ran out of breath but you still wouldn't stop laughing. It seemed Pela forgot after a while but you definitely didn't. Even if you decided to drop it, your words still echoed around your head.

Do you... Do you feel the same way I do?

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." - Linda Grayson