Growing up

'I'm your dad and I will take care of you' the man said while he still continued to walk to the front door.

'So this is how angels are born', I thought to myself. 'Wait does that mean I'm a new born and I just met my parents?'

The man chuckled 'yes unless you remember a day of living'.

I shook my head 'No, I don't remember anything everything feels so... new'

'Well then welcome to the angel world' he said with a smile and walked inside the house.

I followed him and looked around 'woah' was all that could leave my mouth. The house was so big and beautiful. I looked up amazed at the very high ceiling.'it's a beautiful house' I said.

The man chuckles 'It's not just a house, it's a castle' he continued.

My eyes widened 'A Castle?' I looked at the man.

'Yes we live in a castle' he bended down to my level slowly. 'I'm the king and you...' he held my hand slowly 'you are the new angel princess'. He opened the window making me see the huge crowd of people that was standing in front of the castle. I could hear them talking loudly out of curiosity.

'Me?' I gasped 'Wow I was lucky to be born in this place'.

The man smiled 'You can call me dad from now on' he said with a smile.'Do you wanna see the rest of the castle?'.

I nodded my head following him around all the rooms, looking around at the pretty couch, the crystal clear water in the bathroom, the white walls and the soft beds. I yawned at the thought of sleeping in one of them.

'You must be tired after such an overwhelming day' he took me in his arms and layed me down on my bed softly.

I took the blanket over myself yawning 'Can you read me a bedtime story?'

He nodded and looked around on the book shelf. His eyes made their way fast to the dark, shiny bookcase and he took the book in his hand. I tried to read the letters on it 'The locked up angel' was what I could read.

'This is a good one' he sat on bed and opened the book. He slowly started reading:

"There once was a beautiful angel with smooth skin, soft hair and the shiniest eyes from all angels. Everyone was jealous of his beauty, until one day the angel went missing. No one knows to where. No one knows if the missing angel is still alive. But there is one thing the people knew, someone took the angel away from his parents. Everyone started searching around the country but never found him, not until this day."

'Wow, is it based on a true story?' I asked.

Dad nodded.

'Who took him then?'

'No one knows' dad said. Now go sleep. 'Goodnight' he kissed my forehead.

'Goodnight' I said while slowly falling asleep until a question came to my mind. 'Hey dad?'

'Yes dear?' He stopped from walking through the door and turned to me again.

'Do I have a mom actually?' I asked.

Dad sighted 'No' he looked down slowly. 'She died years ago'.

'Oh' I said in a sad tone looking down slowly.

'But we will make the best out of it and I will take good care of you' he said trying to make it better again.

'Yeah' I smiled slowly and saw dad turning the lights off and slowly closing my door while my eyes were also closing.