Page 2: Masquerade ball

"Josephine, what kind of pizza do you want?" aunt jenna shouted from the living room, "pepperoni is fine with me" i yelled back from my room upstairs. I picked up the book i was reading and continued reading it and before i knew it the delivery guy was here with pizza, i walked down the stairs hearing the voice of aunt jenna and elena talking about something,

"Wheres Jeremy Isn't he hungry?" elena asked, "he already left for the lockwood party." aunt jenna stated, "he went to that?" elena asked. "I didn't know the lockwoods were having a party." i said confused. "yeah its like a masquerade ball thing." aunt jenna said. "im gonna go get some napkins." elena stated, elenas been acting off its been two days since i came home but i can tell when somethings bothering her.

i was about to go sit down when i heard alaric say "stefan asked me too keep an eye on you" to elena ,that sentence peaked my intrest as to what they were talking about i started to eavesdrop, i know its wrong of me too do but i couldnt help myself, i listened more "just incase katherine showed up while he was at the party." alaric said, who is katherine i thought and why did elena need to get away from her?

i stopped listening after that but the conversation was still playing in my mind. "hey guys, I'm gonna head to bed." elena stated, as soon as i turned around and looked at her face i could tell she was lying, shes always been a terrible liar, im suprised alaric or aunt jenna didnt catch on but aunt jenna and alaric said their goodnights to elena and continued talking but i looked back at elena and she was grabbing the keys to the car.

I got off the couch trying not to arouse any suspicion from aunt jenna or alaric, as i walked into the foyer i saw elena trying to sneak out the front door, "jo, please dont tell aunt jenna." elena pleaded, "I won't, as long as u let me come along to wherever you're going." i said to her.

we have been driving for about 3 minutes now, We stopped and pulled into the driveway of the lockwood house, its filled with cars we were lucky to even find a spot. we get out of the car and she walks toward a bunch of bushes and hides behind them, "um elena what the hell are we doing?" i asked beyond confused.

elena looks back at me and before she can respond jeremy starts walking our way, elena grabs him by the arm and says "what the hell is going on?" by this point i am beyond confused, i walked behind my younger siblings wondering what have they gotten themselves into.

Bonnie met up with us, they all stared at each other for at least a good minute before jeremy said "we can't keep the truth from her any longer.", "wait what are you talking about?" i said worried.

I'm still trying to comprehend the things they've told me. "josephine are you okay?" elena asked, "You just told me that vampires and werewolves exist, so Elena I'm totally freaking out right now." i said in shock "i know im sorry i didnt tell u sooner i didnt-" elena stopped talking mid sentence and hunched over in pain, i rushed over to help her and she cryed out in pain, i looked up and jeremy and bonnie "whats happening to her?" i said on the verge of tears, blood started pouring down her back but there was no wound, "its katherine, shes linked to katherine!" bonnie said in a panicked tone.

"get them to stop now!" bonnie said to jeremy, he got up and ran as fast as he could. "what do u means shes linked to katherine??" i said, "it means when katherine gets injured elena gets injured." bonnie said. i sat there making sure elena was okay but a cut started making its way across her hand, "bonnie it hurts" elena said crying "i cant break the spell, elena, im sorry." jeremy came running back " katherine had a witch link elena to her" jeremy said quickly, "the girl the one from inside, shes the witch, im going to find her." bonnie stated " I'm coming with you" i said "jeremy we will be right back, stay with elena." i said, me and bonnie made our way into the house bonnie looked around for a minute until she spotted her and walked towards her i followed close behind her.

The woman had long brown hair, she had a gold mask on and a short black dress. "looking for me?" the woman said "who are you?" bonnie said in a harsh tone, they talked about other things but i tuned out until i heard something that interested me "tell your friends to hand over the moonstone." the woman said, then she tried to walk away but i had enough and i was angry i used my mind to push her back, the woman looked at me utterly stunned "i see you brought another witch with you." the woman said.

bro it is so hard writing a book😭💀