Riddle x Gender neutral reader angst

Yuu has been alone for a while now... two years ago, they were a fairly normal kid who hanged around their mom, their mother was their only family and she tried her best to make sure Yuu had a good life. Then, Yuu was chosen to be a student at Night Raven College, a prestigious school for teenagers who show an aptitude for magic. Yuu never wanted to go all that much but their mother would've done anything for Yuu to get the chance to go, with Yuu knowing some magic. A year ago, Yuu's mother did all she could to make sure Yuu's grades were good, to make sure Yuu practiced their magic every day and got really good at it. All this was suffocation for Yuu. But Yuu knew they had to get in, not for their sake, but for their sweet mother's sake. They wanted nothing more than to make their mom proud. So they did their best to get in. So, when their hard work paid off...it was such a great moment for them. They were very happy to get this chance and they weren't going to blow it.

That brings us to Yuu in the present, they now go to NRC. They were sorted into the Heartslabyul dorm. It was alright. The rules were more than harsh but they didn't mind very much, they were just happy to be able to live their mother's dream, to make her proud.

Yuu didn't think they were here for romance at all...it was useless for them. They had to focus on their grades, they had to try their best as they always had. So why, why do they feel this way?

Yuu had gotten used to Riddle's obscene rules, they didn't think they were that bad unlike the other students... Yuu began to see Riddle, not as a tyrant, but a beautiful person. Inflicting their own method of justice within the dorm. No matter what others think of him, he stands his ground. No matter what others say, he doesn't pay them any mind. His grades were excellent, no wonder he managed to become a housewarden in only his second year. In their heart, Yuu admired the housewarden more than anything and his rules were nothing to them, they enjoyed the rules.

Why does Yuu feel like this..? As Yuu admired Riddle from afar as someone smart and competent, they began to see him as more than just an inspiration. Yuu began to feel their heart beat faster when they thought of him, they found it hard not to blush in his presence...they knew, they knew they were in love.Yuu thought again, back to their mother. "She would be disappointed if she found out Yuu thought they were only here to get a boyfriend" They thought...and they couldn't properly come to terms with the feelings of romance inside of them. They knew they were in love but they couldn't admit it. They would never tell anyone what they were feeling for their dear upperclassman. So they hid, Yuu denied their love for as long as they could...they buried these feelings deep within their heart. But every time they saw him, they boiled up and the feelings h like bubbles in a cauldron, they couldn't deny it within themself even if they tried their best to push and push down, their emotions would eventually win.

Yuu tried to avoid Riddle all they could. They never wanted to see him, lest they become a blushing mess in his presence. In reality, Yuu denying their feelings only made them pop up more when they saw the actual person, it was like torture for Yuu but they were doing this to themself. They never wanted to be like a maiden in love, helpless to themselves, thinking with only their hearts but Yuu couldn't be stoic to themself for long. They avoided Riddle more and more, not participating in many activities out of class, nobody really noticed though as they were alone most of the time anyways. They realized in their room, alone, that nobody was there for them. They had their mother but she wasn't able to help in times like these, they were at a boarding school. All they've worked towards was here so why... Why did they feel like they didn't belong? This was what they wanted, right?...

They started to cry there, one tear running down their cheek. This wasn't much but for Yuu, they hadn't cried in years, they thought they'd lost their ability to, so when Yuu began to sob and weep, they couldn't help but be surprised at themself. They tried to stop crying but they just couldn't. They didn't want to accept these emotions either, the feeling of loneliness and sorrow but they had to let it out, their body made them. They fought with themself, they tried but they ultimately just decided to wallow in their sadness... this was what could make them feel better.