16. 𝑶𝑶𝑷𝑺

A.N: this chapter kinda long my bad 😭
*******************************************
16 hours earlier: 9pm
Sasuke rubbed his temples in annoyance
"This is only the first game you're over thinking this way too much".

Naruto took off his shirt and put on another one that he bought. This was one white with two orange lines connecting at the buttons of the collar. He turned around "Okay how about this one?".

"First of all no" he Sai said,
"Second of all this is a casual event. Not church, or graduation, or whatever you think this is".

Naruto scowled at him through the mirror "Okay but this is still an event and I want to look presentable". Naruto took off that shirt and went with an all black polo. He turned to the guys with questioning eyebrows. They nodded in approval. You can never go wrong with black!

"Now that I look good we need to go over what you're all bringing and what time we're getting there".

Sai and Sasuke rolled their eyes. "We already went through this asshole!"

"Well I just wanna make sure this is perfect!".

Naruto lowered his voice "You all said this was a special day for more than one reason...if it's important to Princess then it's important to me".

Sai bit his inner cheek... god damn he was so mushy!

"We're covered. Just make sure you have your shit together".

The men dispersed and before bed Naruto sent once last text.

😒😒😒: remember I can't be out for long just for breakfast
😒😒😒: I'm happy we're reconnecting again 🙄❤️

Ino❤️‍🩹: me too

***

Two pale hands gripped the white mug, lifting it to her pink lips and sipping slowly. Her light blue eyes were wide open under raised eyebrows as she listened to him.

"So... what made you wanna come here?" He asked. Naruto looked at the diner with flashbacks rushing to his mind. This is where he took Ino on their first date. They would come here often after cheer and basket ball practice or even for a late night meal when they left a party or were just up after sex and hungry.

He very seldom ever came back to this place. It reminded him of the good ole days. When his parents were alive, his friends & him were young and reckless, & he was madly in love, oblivious to the things Ino was doing behind his back.

Ino gave him a charming smile "It reminded me of our good times, besides the breakfast was always good".

This made him think.... Did she really miss those days? Were there nights where she stayed up reminiscing just like him?

"Yea it is" he quietly said.

A waitress came by, it was the same older woman who had been working at this place for years. She used to always take their order on the weekends. When she looked at them she took a second before saying anything, then it clicked!  "Oh I remember u kids... how cute your still together!".

Ino quickly grabbed Naruto's hand and put on a big smile "Yes we are!"she happily lied. Naruto was surprised by the gesture. The lady stared at him little longer "Naruto right?". He nodded. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents...they were always very kind to me". Naruto gave her a flat line smile. He appreciated the compliment but just wasn't in the mood to reminisce. His parents were one of the investors in the diner preventing it from closing down years back. Ino cleared her throat, when she finished saying her order she added,  "Maybe you can give us the high school sweet hearts a discount?".