(x)

there are some battles that we don't want to win. it's easier to somehow just walk away like a coward than to relay head-on to your rival. hiding is easy. it comes to us naturally. if i could, i would stow away all my moments soundlessly but then i would be punishing none other than me, for absolutely nothing. clamorously angry people scare me. the ones that give birth to words sharp enough to scrap your skin and objectives loud enough to silence your gut. it's always like walking in a combat zone with them with no ammunition. being scared because your next word or act could turn their cognitive switch on and not in a way in which they contemplate. they simply like to silence; somehow be the only one being "heard" and you? you like to camouflage. eyes searching for a place to escape - the wall behind, the floor, anything really -  while your mind wanders - a hand over your ears and a slamming chest. these are the battles not worth showing up to, at least that is what i believe as of now. anger isn't a wrong emotion. it's empowering and it's necessary. people who don't know how to control their anger are the ones i'm scared of. at some point, we realize that we can't really play the role of being the emotional punchbag all along. we deserve better. their anger deserves a better outlet and it isn't our duty to make them realize that. the only thing we need to know is that it is okay to walk away. some battles aren't your own. we deserve better than just being a martyr in another's doom.