1.22 Devil's Trap

The Impala drives onto Bobby Singer's property

The Impala drives onto Bobby Singer's property. There are junk cars around and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog is chained to a post and is lying on the hood of an old tow truck.

Inside, there are books stacked everywhere. It's untidy and cluttered with papers on every wall.

Bobby picks up two round silver flasks with crosses on them and hands one to Dean. Sam is sitting at a cluttered desk reading a very large book.

"Here you go." Bobby said. "What is this - holy water?" Dean asked. "That one is." He held out the other flask, "This is whiskey." Bobby took a swig of his whiskey and handed it to Dean who also drank.

"Bobby, thanks," Dean said, "Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure we should come."

"Nonsense, your daddy needs help." Bobby said, shrugging it off. "Well, yeah, but last time we saw you, I mean, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. Cocked the shotgun and everything." Dean said as his eyes traveled around the room and landed on a picture of a blonde girl.

"Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people." Bobby muttered. He saw Dean's eyes travel up to the picture of Scarlet and he sighed. He cleared his throat, getting the older Winchester's attention back to him.

"None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back." Bobby told Dean.

"Okay, get right upstairs - do not throw your bag on the porch, Teddy!" A female voice is heard through the door with two young boys laughing with her. "Dang it." Bobby muttered, "She wasn't supposed to be home till tomorrow."

Two young boys around the age of ten ran through the kitchen stopping short seeing the two Winchester brothers. A blonde woman was struggling behind them with two bags in her hands on one on her back. "If you two already broke something-"

She stopped talking as she spotted the Winchester's with her father. "Dad?" She called out walking quickly in front of the boys. "Why don't you two go upstairs?" Bobby told the boys quietly. "Listen to your grandfather." She whispered to them as they grabbed their bags and ran up the stairs.

"Grandfather?" Dean asked, surprised. "What are you doing home?" Bobby asked his daughter, Scarlet. "I got into some trouble and had to escape the problem." She said to him as she continued to glare at the two Winchester boys.

"Congrats, Scar." Sam said. Scarlet smiled and grabbed the flask from Dean before taking a swig. "What's going on here?" She asked looking around the room, spotting the book of Key of Solomon in Sam's hands.

"Who's in trouble?" She asked, almost scared. "Our dad and the Demon," Dean answered. "The Demon?" She asked shocked, "That book is the real deal, all right."

"And these, uh, these protective circles. They really work?"

"Hell, yeah. You get a demon in - they're trapped. Powerless. It's like a Satanic roach motel." Bobby says and Sam chuckles. "Man, knows his stuff." Dean and Scarlet say at the same time. Scarlet rolls her eyes in annoyance.