2.1 In My Time of Dying

Sam looks down at the mangled car as Bobby, Scarlet and her boys join him

Sam looks down at the mangled car as Bobby, Scarlet and her boys join him. "Oh man, Dean is gonna be pissed." Sam says.  "Look, Sam. This... this just ain't worth a tow. I say we empty the trunk, sell the rest for scrap." Bobby says with a sigh.

"No." Scarlet says, surprising herself and everyone else. "Dean would kill me if we did that. When he gets better he's gonna want to fix this." Sam says his eyes are going off Scarlet. "There's nothing to fix. The frame's a pretzel, and the engine's ruined. There's barely any parts worth salvaging." Bobby explains.

"What happened?" Orion asks his mother, pulling on her arm. "What's going on?" Scarlet sighs as she knelt down pulling both of her boys close to her. "A hunter got hurt and we are gonna help them get better." She explains.

"By fixing a car?" Theseus asks. "Yeah." Scarlet says, "Yeah, Theo, by fixing a car. You'll get it when you're older. It's a hunter thing." She kisses both of their heads before heading over to her dad and Sam. 

"Here, uh, Dad asked for you to get this stuff for him." Sam tells the Singers handing over a list. Bobby shares a look with his daughter before frowning at the list. "What does John want with this?" Scarlet asks him.

"Protection from the demon?  What?" Sam asks, noticing the look on both of their faces. "Oh, nothing, it's just,uh-" Bobby trails off, looking at his daughter for help.

"Bobby? Scarlet? What's going on?"

👻

"Aren't you coming?"

Sam asks as Scarlet stops outside John's hospital room doors. "I don't need to get between another one of your fights." She says, "You should ask him about the ingredients yourself. It's - It's the demon, you know?"

"Scarlet?" Dean asks, confused seeing the girl in the hospital, "Why are you here?"

"The Demon said something about going after your son." Sam says with confusion in his eyes, "What's going on? Why is he after your son?" Scarlet shook her head as she glanced down at her feet. "This isn't about my family." She says with a clenched jaw.

"You guys haven't been around for ten years. Ten." Scarlet said, getting angry. "My son, my problem. Your father, your problem." She hissed at him before turning around and walking down the hallway.

Unknown to her, Dean placed his hands on top of hers and he held on tightly. As the girl walked away their hands slipped from each other. Dean watched until he couldn't see her anymore before following his brother.

Scarlet walked for a long time. She walked around not knowing where she was going but she stopped walking as she recognized a familiar person in the room.

"Dean?" She whispered, placing her hand against the glass. She opened the door slowly walking in taking everything in. She couldn't hear the machines over her own heart beat. She could tell he looked at ease.