Heroes Born Pt. 1

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There may be no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King.

Inside a small noodle shop, A man with slicked black hair and thick-rimmed glasses sits on a stool as he regaled with his story. He wore a sophisticated red outfit with a white and red shirt, a red scarf, and a pair of black boots. Across from him sat two boys, one with spiky, dark brown hair held up with a red bandana and black eyes that shined in amazement. He wore an open button-up work uniform with a regular white T-shirt underneath, red jeans, and black and white tennis shoes. The other boy, slightly older looking, sat with spiky, although more wildish jet black hair and black eyes alongside a prominent scar across his nose. He wore a regular red T-shirt, jeans, and running shoes.

"Oh, that's so good! Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome-" The younger of the boys exclaimed, posing dramatically as he finished, the older boy chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I mean, picking up an entire mountain just imagining being that strong seems impossible!"

The gentleman known as Mr. Tang chuckles playfully, interrupting the two teens, "Oh, MK, Y/N. And you two thought you knew all the Monkey King stories." He says teasingly as he leans back.

"Oh, but we do. Y/N and I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey Kid."

"Damn right, we do!" Y/N cheers as MK pulls out a massive red book, showing off the cover of cute little doodle versions of himself and Y/N alongside the monkey king and some small stickers. "Written and illustrated by Written and illustrated by yours truly. Like I knew he was born from a stone and lived behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And- and- and oh!" MK goes to finish but is quickly cut off by Tang as he picks up the scatted pages that fell from the book.

"It's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom dripping from my lips. Well, you two know the deal one story, one free bowl of Zha jiang mian. Hmm?" He says, glancing at Y/N, and he instantly shoots out of his chair towards a free bowl. "Oh right, free noodles! Yep, on it. How heavy do you think a mountain is anyways? Compared to like-" Y/N goes to continue as he reaches for the bowl before getting smacked right in the face by a wooden spoon, dropping him to the ground instantly.

"Free Noodles!?" A voice yells, the bowl of noodles Y/N had been holding was flung into the air, quickly being snatched by a rather angry-looking demon pig wearing a chef's uniform.

"No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang!"

"Ah, but Pigsy. I was paying with wisdom."

"Yeah? Well, wisdom, don't pay the rent, you freeloader! And you two! Pigsy yells, looking at the two delivery boys as MK helps pick Y/N up off the ground. "You two been slacking off all morning! I've got a dozen orders that need to go out, so quit slacking and get packing!" He demanded, Y/N and MK just looked at him nervously. "Yeah, we were about to take our break, so..." They trailed off in perfect sync, and Piggsy glared at them.