𝐈𝐈: calm down, princess.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

LEO, PIPER, AND JASON stood near the back of the chariot with Veronica, who was watching the open back carefully. Yeah, it was open and there were no seatbelts. Really safe, Leo thought. Hopefully they wouldn't get sucked off into the unknown! 

The bulky dude, Butch, controlled the reins while the blonde girl, Annabeth, adjusted a bronze navigation device. They rose over the Grand Canyon and headed east, icy wind ripping straight through Leos jacket. Behind them, more storm clouds were gathering.

"This is so cool!" Leo said for the 10th time. He spit a pegasus feather out of his mouth. "Where are we going?"

"A safe place," Annabeth said. "The only safe place for kids like us. Camp Half-Blood."

"Half-Blood?" Piper was immediately on guard. "Is that some kind of bad joke?"

"She means we're demigods," Jason said. "Half god, half mortal."

Annabeth looked back. "You seem to know a lot, Jason. But, yes, demigods. My mom is Athena, goddess of wisdom. Veronica is Poseidons daughter, the god of the sea. Butch here is the son of Iris, the rainbow goddess."

Leo choked. "Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

"Got a problem with that?" Butch said.

"No, no," Leo said. "Rainbows. Very macho."

"Butch is our best equestrian," Annabeth said. "He gets along great with the pegasi."

"Rainbows, ponies," Leo muttered.

"I'm gonna toss you off this chariot," Butch warned.

"Demigods," Piper said. "You mean you think you're ... you think we're—"

Lightning flashed. The chariot shuddered, and Jason yelled, "Left wheel's on fire!"

Leo and Piper stepped back. Sure enough, the wheel was burning, white flame slapping up the side of the chariot. The wind roared.

Leo glanced behind them and saw dark shapes forming in the clouds, more storm spirits spiraling toward the chariot—except these looked more like horses than angels.

He started to say, "Why are they—"

"Anemoi come in different shapes," Veronica said, turning around and walking over to Annabeth. "Sometimes human, sometimes stallions, depending on how chaotic they are."

"V? Any luck controlling the storm?" Annabeth asked.

Veronica shook her head. "No. But maybe I'm a little rusty. Keyword, little." Leo couldnt help but keep glancing at her everytime she spoke. Her long raven hair, the sea-green eyes, her pale skin. Something about her pulled him to her. He was snapped out of his train of thoughts when the chariot lurched forward.

"Hold on. This is going to get rough." Butch said, jerked the reins. The pegasi put on an outburst of speed, and the chariot blurred. Moments later, they were in a totally different place. A grey, muted ocean lay out to left. Snow covered hills, fields, roads and forests covered the right. Under them, was a stunning green valley like a springtime escape, with colourful flowers littered around in bunches.

In awe, Leo saw a cluster of buildings like ancient Greek temples, a crystal clear lake, ball courts, an azure blue abode, and a climbing wall which.. was on fire? He gaped at the sight and tried to control the urge to jump to it. But before he could process everything else, the wheels came off of the chariot and they were suddenly dropping out of the sky. Great.

Leo turned around in a panic. "Uh.. guys? Any plans on how to not turn us into pancakes?"

Annabeth and Butch ignored him and tried to mantain control of the chariot, trying to calm the pegasi. The pegasi strained to gain back the hold of the chariots flight pattern, they were exhausted from the burst of the speed, and supporting the weight of the chariot itself, plus 6 people, was a little much.