Chapter 6: A Serene Invitation

The sun shone brightly over Lotus Pier, casting a golden hue upon the rippling waters of the Yunmeng Jiang sect. Life carried on with its usual rhythm, the disciples training diligently and the common folk going about their daily tasks. Amidst this tranquility, an invitation letter arrived, bearing the seal of the esteemed Gusu Lan sect.

Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng, and Jiang Yanli gathered in the main hall, their eyes widening with anticipation as they unfolded the delicate parchment. The elegant calligraphy revealed the invitation to study at the renowned Cloud Recesses for a year-an opportunity that held great significance in the cultivation world.

Wei Changze, Cangse Sanren, Madam Jiang, and Jiang Fengmian watched their children closely, their expressions filled with a mix of pride and concern. They knew the weight of this decision and the potential impact it would have on their future paths.

June 02 2023

Dear Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng, and Jiang Yanli,

We hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. We write to you with joyous news and a special invitation from Cloud Recesses, the esteemed seat of the Gusu Lan Sect.

The Lan elders, led by the revered Qingheng-jun and the esteemed Lan Qiren, have extended an offer for the three of you to join them at Cloud Recesses to study for a period of one year. This invitation is a testament to your remarkable talents and the deep respect and admiration that you have garnered throughout the cultivation world.

Your parents, Wei Changze, Cangse Sanren, and Jiang Fengmian, alongside Madam Jiang (Yu), have gathered to discuss this opportunity. They unanimously agree that this is an exceptional chance for you to further refine your skills, broaden your knowledge, and immerse yourselves in the teachings of the Gusu Lan Sect.

Cloud Recesses is known for its rigorous training, disciplined lifestyle, and emphasis on moral cultivation. It is a place of tranquility and deep contemplation, nestled amidst the breathtaking landscapes of Gusu. The teachings of the Gusu Lan Sect are highly regarded for their wisdom, integrity, and unwavering commitment to justice.

During your time at Cloud Recesses, you will have the privilege of learning from some of the most revered cultivators in the land. The guidance of Lan Qiren, the Lan elders, and the esteemed Lan disciples will be invaluable in shaping your cultivation paths and deepening your understanding of the principles that govern our world.

While the decision ultimately rests with each of you, we encourage you to seize this remarkable opportunity. The knowledge and experiences gained at Cloud Recesses will undoubtedly shape your destinies, allowing you to contribute even more to the cultivation world and carry forth the legacies of our respective sects.

We understand that this journey may bring about challenges and sacrifices, but know that we stand by your side, offering our unwavering support and love. Your bond as siblings and sworn brothers will serve as a source of strength throughout this transformative period.

Please take your time to reflect upon this invitation and discuss it among yourselves. Once you have made a decision, we kindly request that you inform us, and we will make the necessary arrangements for your departure to Cloud Recesses.

May your hearts be filled with clarity as you weigh this opportunity, and may your choices lead you to a future filled with growth, wisdom, and unyielding determination.

With utmost love and pride,
Madam Jiang (Yu)
Jiang Fengmian
Wei Changze
Wei Cangse Sanren

Wei Changze broke the silence, his voice filled with gentle encouragement. "My children, this invitation is a great honor. Cloud Recesses is renowned for its teachings and its commitment to the principles of the Lan sect. It is an opportunity that should not be taken lightly."