Chapter 1

3rd POV

In a small town called Bridgeport that was somewhere in the middle of Minnesota, a high school, Bridgeport High, was completely buzzing for their local Hockey teams game that would occur in the evening. In this town and school Hockey is everything, you probably couldn't walk 10 feet without hearing a conversation about hockey, or when the next game was, who was gonna win, what the the players were up to, who was single on the team( That one was discussed more in the High School itself than the town.) Needless to say if you didn't know Hockey you might as well not exist in this town or the next.

Walking down the halls was the Star Player and Captain of the Voyagers, the name of the Hockey team, was seventeen year old Asher Aldridge. With his head held high and his teen movie classic letterman jacket wrapped over some band tee whom he definitely had not heard of but liked the design of the shirt. If you ask any saner person it was dumb to hand out jackets to the Hockey team but since everyone adored them they were handed everything they wanted on a silver platter. So when Asher had asked the school about it they were quick to comply with speedy results, the jackets were handed out to the players within days.

The whole school swooned over them as they walked down the hall in what seemed like slow motion. They were the celebrities everyone wanted to hangout with and that meant they could do just about anything they wanted and for that matter anyone they wanted as well. I mean not to say they weren't attractive young men, with their captain standing at 6 '1 with nice and trimmed blonde hair that he took time to do every morning. He was fairly well built given the fact he was slamming into other people almost daily in the rink. He had gorgeous blue eyes that seemed to just be the perfect color with every angle and he had one nicest smile in the senior yearbook when he was a sophomore. Which of course was a shock to most but then again no one cared enough to say anything about it.

On his left was his best friend since middle school, Justin McNeil who was about the same height with dirty blonde hair and dark dark dark brown eyes. Some thought they were black at first glance. He was what you would call a right hand man, his loyalty to his friend was unmatched. A rumor went around sophomore year that he was in love with Asher but that was just stupid seniors not understanding the depth of the males relationship. And of course the stereotypes that guys can't be vulnerable with one another without having some sort of gay love affair involved. I mean one conversation with them and you will soon realize how straight they can be.

On the right was what they call a rookie, new sophomore who showed great potential in his game Brooks Melson. He was shorter than the two friends, probably around 5'8 but if you asked him 5'10. He also had brown eyes with ginger hair, which was heinously targeted for in the locker room. There was not much to say about Brooks, he barely even spoke even though he was comfortable around his friends he was just the quiet type. He seemed to be very nice though and adored along with the rest of the crew.

They walked together in sync doing the stupid head nod thing to girls who seemed to be crying at their lockers out of excitement that any of them would even breathe the same air as them. Truly it was almost sad that these ladies would be so worked up about men, especially with the brains of these guys.

"Ugh I can't believe they do that everyday, I mean at some point it's got to end right. Like one of these days people will just be normal in this town" Annie said to her friend as she grabbed her Calculus book and shut her locker only giving the men walking down the halls a side glance. Annie wasn't completely against Hockey, I mean with her father being the coach and her brother being the captain it would prove to be mute to hate it. Though she didn't like it enough to want to spend 3 days a week at the rink watching games and waiting by as her relatives stayed late to talk to "Important" people as they were explained. "I swear it will freeze over hell before anyone admits that hockey is just an okay sport" She finished