Chapter 3: Kids

Y/N let Ratchet take a look at her wounds while Optimus stood next to him, watching his old friend work on this Wing Warrior that he learned today. Optimus was always seen as a cute nerd during his time as Orion Pax but Y/N didn't know that yet since she just met these Merbots. The cute yellow baby named Bumblebee swam up to Y/N and the girl made eye contact with the baby. He then chirped at her and waved hello to her. Y/N's heart fluttered. He was so adorable! Y/N put his hand out and gently set it on his head.

Bumblebee purred as Y/N started to pet him and slightly smiled. She giggled. "Aren't you adorable?~"

After Ratchet was done with her arm that she had to hold still, he dismissed Y/N and she got fully busy with Bumblebee, and let me tell you, he was adorable! The yellow Mer chirped and pushed himself a bit out of the water to nuzzle Y/N completely and pushed her gently to the ground floor she yelped and laughed a bit. 

Optimus, who was watching Y/N interacting with his scout Bumblebee, nearly chuckled at the sight of how the scout pushed Y/N to nuzzle her to death. But he kept his emotions in check. Ever since the war broke out, he was forced to be the leader after becoming Prime. He did have a mate named Elita but tragically, she got murdered by Megatron. 

"Seems like Bumblebee likes her already. So is Bulkhead," Ratchet responded after stopping next to Optimus and watching the scout and Wing Warrior nuzzling together. 

"Arcee will warm up to her soon."

Later~

Bumblebee fell asleep with his head on Y/N's lap while she petted him gently. The skin felt smooth and glossed since the Merformers live in water. Y/N was humming a gentle song from Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch where Lilo held Stitch in her arms while crying. That song is what I am talking about. Sadly, there's no full version of the song, even though some people wish that there was a full version of it. Even though it's a sad love song, it is suited to comfort perhaps little children and maybe even adults. Her feet were in the water and her eyes were closed while her shoes were on the shore next to her. At least she had short pants on up to her knees. 

While Y/N was enjoying the kind attention from Bumblebee, she didn't realize Optimus watching them and due to his good hearing, he found the song soothing and comforting. Ever since the loss of Elita by Megatron, he got condolences from others around him, knowing that Elita was the mate of Optimus. 

"Ooooh! Who is that?!" a young girl's voice exclaimed as she spotted someone spending time with Bumblebee. 

Y/N detected running footsteps and she immediately shrieked and flew a couple of meters high in the air. She quickly pulled out her sword and pointed at the three kids down below. Once Y/N realized it was kids, she quickly put her sword away, especially since there was the youngest one, a boy with glasses on who seemed to be like a computer nerd. The poor boy looked fascinated yet scared because of the sword. The oldest boy had black hair and looked chill while the only human girl had pigtails and even a ponytail. Part of her hair was pink and seemed like a rockstar lover. 

Only Optimus heard the commotion and Bumblebee got startled awake when Y/N shrieked and his head hit the rocky ground.  He seemed ready to fight only to realize that it was only the kids and he chirped gently at Y/N to relax and that these kids won't hurt her.