The festival

Neteyam's POV

I watched as Tálèa left, no one has ever stood up for me before, I always just take the blame it's the easiest way. But I knew there was no way she was going to get my dad to believe anything. It's easy for him to believe we cause trouble as that's all we ever did, but I couldn't just stand there today watching her brothers friends pick on her and my sister. I was filled with rage once he shoved her and to see her own brother didn't stop him. I'm glad Lo'ak punched him in the face, but my dad would never see it like that, he would never listen.

To blame me for not watching my brother was so unfair .. he says he wants me to learn their ways but how can I when I have to constantly watch over my siblings. It wasn't my fault that Lo'ak went out into the reef, yes it was stupid but that was his own decision he's old enough to know better.

I sigh heavily "She's not wrong you know" my dad just glared at me "it wasn't our fault, I don't why Lo'ak has taken the fall for that asshole. But all you ever do is blame us, we try so hard to make you proud but it seems like we never can. Perhaps, yes, fighting them wasn't the smartest idea..but they were picking on Kiri and Tálèa we couldn't just let them."

"Lo'ak is this true" my dad asks, I saw Lo'ak nod his head slowly "then why didn't you tell the truth boy"

"It's easy to blame me..to believe that I did it, you believed it instantly dad" I watched as my dad took Lo'ak into a hug something he rarely did. "I'm sorry..I get too protective. I just don't want to loose my children" Jake says "I'll try harder from now on, Lo'ak I'm just glad you made it back alive. Neteyam.." he says as he turns his look to me "I'm sorry as well, it's not your fault, you shouldn't have to watch over your siblings all the time I want you to have fun here" I watch as he extends him arm out to let me join the hug, I happily accept as Neytiri joins in.

Kiri and Tuk entered the pod at the sight of us all hugging, they run over joining our group hug as we all smile. "Come on what is it we say" Jake says, we all quietly chirp up "Sully's stick together."

"Yeah we do" my dad said happily, soon separating from the hug going to set everyone's hammocks up. "Goodnight" he said to us all, we all nodded in response ready for the darkness to consume us after a tiring day.

I woke later the next morning as everyone had left but my dad, "Morning" Jake says as I nod in response. "Where is everyone?" I asked, "they've just gone out for some fun, I overheard Tsireya saying there's no lessons today as everyone is preparing for the festival."

"Oh okay ..can I go" I ask "of course we're all going it'd be rude not too."

I head out trying to find my siblings and hopefully find Tálèa too..but I didn't see her the whole day.

Tálèa's POV

"So what are you going to do today?" Tsireya asks "I think I might go for a dive..I'd like to collect more shells, Neteyam asked me to make him a necklace so I'd like to surprise him with one tonight" I said with a smile. "Well I'll keep it secret for you" Sireya says with a  smile leaving the pod.

I carried a little bag with me, securing it around my waist as I dove into the sea. I wanted to find some orange and red shells as those seemed to be the colours he wore most, but I decided rather than using whole shells I would break them up. I didn't want it looking too girly that he wouldn't like it.

I decided to make the necklace on the secluded part of the beach so no one would interrupt me or see what I was doing. I crushed the shells I had collect between two rocks, they were all different shades of oranges and reds, they resembled the sunset here at eclipse..he told me he found it beautiful, I hoped he still did. I threaded individual pieces on making sure the same colours wouldn't be next to each other.