.10.

"WHAT are we doing here?"

    "I have someone to talk to."

    Richard brought Florence to his job. She stood by his side in the dark room waiting patiently. Her bright eyes looked around not sure what was around her.

    Richard held her hand in his loosely. He looked down to see her have the sweetest smile on her face and then look at him. He gave her hand a squeeze. "Sir.." a man said coming into the room.

    Richard wasted no time to tell her to stay quiet and still in the dark room. "I'll be right back.." he told her.

    She watched him walk away behind the door. The echo of it shutting loudly sent shivers down her spine. "Okay.." she said.

    She did as told. She stood still. Not moving a muscle. Not saying a word. She was too afraid to do so.

    And then a light above a shelf turned on.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

    A ringing sound was going off a mile away. She tried to turn her head away lazily to avoid the noise. Go back to sleep. But the sudden feeling of pain in the back of her head struck her memory.

    Florence recalled what happened to her before she was knocked out. She was so close to escaping. She moved her hands.

     She felt rope and a burning sensation go through her hands. They were still stinging from when she generated energy blasts on the street. She felt her feet touching cold hard wood flooring.

    Her eyes finally opened. She expected to be tied up. It was something she was oddly familiar with.

    She didn't expect to have her hair pulled back and no duck tape over her mouth. She looked around the room. Her jacket was neatly folded against the farthest wall along with her shoes on top.

    "Well good morning.." she heard once the door behind her opened. Her eyes rolled in annoyance and anger. But her hands were sweaty from nervousness. "How was your nap?"

    "Shut up.." she groaned. Her head was still throbbing from the pain. She moved her hands in a way to get out of the ropes but it was no use.

    "Oh, there's no use, princess." the man said. Clattering echoed as he walked closer to her. He held a tray of two cups and plates. He made his way in front of her and to the desk a few feet away. "I thought you might be hungry-"

    "Stop," she said softly. He eyed her and let out a questioning hum. "Stop.. Just let me go." she whispered.

    She let her head hang. She couldn't care to look at him. She didn't want to. "Flo.." he sighed. "You know i can't do that. We have things to do. Important things to do."

    "Just kill me," she whined. "That'd be better than being around you."

    He was still facing away from her. He took a breath while he looked at the wall. But then he finally turned around. "Princess-"

    "Stop calling me that." she interrupted. She finally looked up. His scar along his cheek and the burned skin on his head sent a smile to her face. "Oh.. didn't realize how badly i fucked you up last time."

    He clenched his jaw while forcing a laugh out. "Funny.." He took a rubber band from behind him on the desk and pulled back his dreads.

    "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be out and about hurting someone else? Running from the cops?" she asked. She felt the rope between her fingers. Looking for a spot to break.