02 | duo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     NEIL PERRY WAS A DREAMER with the sun and the stars in his eyes, and he was doomed

     NEIL PERRY WAS A DREAMER with the sun and the stars in his eyes, and he was doomed. The darling boy who everyone couldn't help but fall for, with a taste for the sweetness and adventures in life, confined to a path set by his iron-fisted father. A rather catchy start to a magical tragedy waiting to unfold like velvet curtains strung across a theater opened for a dramatic effect as the show began.

     As he carried his luggage across the hallway to his dorm room, both familiar as well as new faces greeted him. A smile crept its way up to his face, at least in Welton, he had his friends who he shared his grievances with. Hey, how's it going Neil? Wonderful.

     Neil replied to greetings with acknowledgement before finding his room and setting down his luggage on the bed. He'd heard he would have a new student for his roommate this year, a predicament that he thought to be exciting. Sure he loved his old friends, but the thought of meeting someone new to share the burden of Hellton with exhilarated him.

     "Neil, study group tonight?" Richard Cameron asked, to which Neil turned to see the ginger leaning against the doorframe with an expectant look.

     "Yeah, sure." Neil replied nonchalantly.

     "Business as usual, huh." Cameron mused, a lopsided smirk on his face. "Hey I heard you got the new kid. Looks like a stiff!" As if on cue, the new kid appeared behind him. "Oops." Cameron muttered under his breath, taking it as his cue to leave, which Neil was a bit grateful for.

     Neil, who turned his attention to Todd Anderson, forced his laughter down. "Listen, don't mind Cameron." He said. "He was born with his foot in his mouth. You know what I mean?" Neil pulled out a folded piece of parchment and smacked Todd jokingly on the shoulder.

     The Darling Boy and his charisma was the key that led everyone to loosen up around him. Something that he didn't know he possessed.

     Shortly thereafter, three more boys flocked Neil's doorway. Charlie Dalton had a huge smirk on his face as he leaned against the frame, with Steven Meeks opposite him, and Knox Overstreet behind them with two of his arms perched on either side of the frame as if to block anyone that would dare try to leave. Or enter.

    "Rumor has it . . . you did summer school." Charlie pointed a finger to Neil who turned to look at the three boys blocking his doorway. He noted he should probably put a sign that said 'Don't block the driveway', or in this case, 'doorway'.

    "Yep, chemistry. My father thought I should get ahead." Neil replied, a knowing smirk on his face as he walked over and held his hand out for a handshake. "How was your summer, slick?"

     "Keen." Charlie replied with one eyebrow raised, eyes trained on Neil knowingly. "Meeks. Door. Closed." He ordered.

      "Yes sir." Meeks replied, closing the door behind him before following suit.