I

The weather in New Hampshire has never been so cold

The weather in New Hampshire has never been so cold. I feel as though my fingertips are freezing over as I walk through the gates of New Hampshire Prep. Our school has a strict uniform policy surrounding added garments which makes no sense because during the winter I have to wear 2 jumpers and a coat to even be remotely warm. Even so the school spends a-lot of money on heating each year making the cold somewhat more bare-able. 

Today isn't my first day at New Hampshire Prep ever, but it is my first day in a couple of years. When I was a freshmen my parents split and my mum had to un en-roll me until ill they could sort their finances, but my dad finally won custody over me and re-enrolled me on my senior year. It's not that I wanted to loose touch with all of my friends it's just that when you go through one of the hardest times in your life you tend to cut off those most important to you. 

Bella however was the one person who stuck by me this whole time and is the only one to this day who knows that I am starting at New Hampshire again. I held my phone in my hand, timetable pulled up on the school app as I navigate my way through the halls once again. I keep my head down glancing up every know and then to look at the different rooms to try and find my science classroom. I finally make it into the new science building when I am met with a hard chest. The boys formal shirt hung tightly on his body and I couldn't help but ogle at the sight. oh my god I'm making a fool of myself on the first day. 

'Sorry about that' The boy says before walking past me and into the classroom I am heading into. I follow him into the classroom and am greeted by an old male teacher wearing pants that seem to be 2 sizes to small. 

'Are you my new student?' He questions and I nod. 

'Perfect, theres a free seat right there if you can sit down'. He explains welcoming everyone back for a new year. I make my way over to the table where the same boy is sitting and I grab my notebook out and a pen that was stuck at the bottom of my bag. My teacher writes down a heading and then beings the roll slowly going through each name.

'Finn Davis.'He calls, and a quite here comes from beside me. Holy shit. I think to myself. I just drooled at the sight of Finn Davis, aka my childhood crush. Our teacher continues calling names off the list one by one when he reaches mine. I glance in Finns direction before he reads mine out. 

'Hannah James' He calls and I reply with a hello. Finns jaw hits the ground and I can't help but smirk at his reaction. I won't lie and say I look the same as I did 3 years ago but I guess that a change from brunette to blonde, a growth spurt and my boobs and ass coming in can change a person. I don't look anything like I did before in-fact, I am unrecognisable thus explaining Finns surprise. 

'Well shit a brick Han, couldn't even tell it was you, since when were you coming back?' Finn asks. 

'Since dad got custody and re-enrolled me' I explain. A smile tugging on my lips. 

'Good to have you back Han, I can't remember why we stopped talking' Finn poses. 

'Kind of hard to stay friends when certain people don't put in an effort.' I say aggressively. 

'Right' Finn replies sighing and turning back to his notebook, my smile fades and I realise that he really didn't want to loose touch. It always wasn't even his fault I'm the one who stopped calling. I turn back to the front and copy the notes that our teacher was writing down. Except I can't focus all I can think about is Finn and the stupid feelings that took me so long to get rid of coming back. 

Finn Davis you are going to be the death of me yet again.